Search and moderate

Guest Jaggi

I relised recently on my forum that i can't search inside a forum and moderate the found topics, WHY???

"Heres a example of back in the day when gmail had invites and we had millions on our forum so we decided to make a forum for people to exchange invites. Now wot if i wanted to search for the word gmail and move all the subsequent posts into the gmail forum???"

I CAN'T!!! I think this should be a added feature into IPB and definetly would make a valuable resource. Its not hard to do either.

c&c.

• 3 months later...

Its not hard to do either.

Ohhhh yes it is. ;) The problem is the search feature does not necessarily have the forum information readily available - topics could come from all different forums, and the viewer could be a moderator of one forum but not another. Thus, it's much more difficult to track multi-moderation capabilities within the search.

That's not to say it wouldn't be a good addition - it's just not as easy as modifying the templates. ;)

I would like to second this feature request. Many times I've had a spammer hit the boards then had to search for all posts and go into each topic by topic to remove the offending posts. Having the moderation checkboxes appear in a search would be extremely helpful. :)

Ohhhh yes it is. ;) The problem is the search feature does not necessarily have the forum information readily available - topics could come from all different forums, and the viewer could be a moderator of one forum but not another. Thus, it's much more difficult to track multi-moderation capabilities within the search.

That's not to say it wouldn't be a good addition - it's just not as easy as modifying the templates. ;)

well i meant it'd be easy for you :P and we all know how u like a challenge ;).

Would just need to carry the topic id and forum id through to the search results page which should allow for anything to be done to the results.

I

Archived