New editor is major step forward

Guest oakesj

First of all, Kudos for the reworked editors. This is a major step up for IPB (IMHO). I particularly like that the RTE works in multiple browsers, and that you can toggle between RTE and standard editor without losing your work.
However, in my test post, I discovered several issues with pasted posts (posts that were prepared with an HTML editor, then copied and pasted into the editor).
Although the pasted post looked fine in the editor, when I clicked on submit:

1. Pasted images stored elsewhere on the web were not displayed though they were displayed in the editor. When I clicked on edit, there was no reference to the image at all. It was simply stripped away.
  2. There appears not to be support for tables. Since my customers are accustomed to using tables to control the layout of their posts, this is a major issue for me.
  3. Unsupported fonts used in pasted text is displayed in last font with html code. (This is annoying, but relatively minor).
  4. Though I haven't tested it, I doubt if layers are supported either.
This is a show stopper for me. I did intend to deploy 2.2 on a second site I now run on anyboard. However, my competitor supports these features. If I don't, I'm in serious trouble.

Tables and DIVS aren't supported in IPB unless you turn HTML on for posting. With HTML enabled, you can paste *any* HTML into the RTE and it'll do it's best to work it out.

I appreciate the quick response Matt, but where is that option?
I am used to using that in the current iteration, but I no longer see it. Perhaps you have disabled it on this Board?
FYI, I am doing test posting in the test forum.

Thanks,

That's an admin option (and if enabled by the admin, it's also a per-post option). We don't have it enabled here for various reasons :)

That's what I thought.
Thanks, Rikki. quick reply, and right on point! I'm happy, and looking forward to the release!

Tables and DIVS aren't supported in IPB unless you turn HTML on for posting. With HTML enabled, you can paste *any* HTML into the RTE and it'll do it's best to work it out.

Can we post javascript in post now? I want to use javascript in some posts. but I can't. Of course for security reason, I'd like to have this feature for admin only.

Archived