Uploading problems

Guest ScottyToledo

I invited some of my Moderators to the test board to help me test things out. Well, one of them is having trouble uploading. I have the permissions set to unlimited upload space, and yet, when he tries to upload, it times out. I have no trouble uploading though. Are there any more settings, besides the obvious ones, that I should be looking for?

Yeah, how big is the file he is trying to upload and what is his internet connection and is it wired or wireless.

It's just a small banner. And I know he's on broadband. The upload limit for my hosting service is 7MBs per upload, and the file is way under that. And yes, I have plenty of free space on my hosting service, over 20GBs worth. So that shouldnt be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm.... Netscape hasn't been used in ages. Have him try IE, and if that works recommend FireFox.

(Well it hasnt has very much popularity... Back in the day it was the "FireFox" of the times until Microsoft killed it. Still around, but not as widely used).

IE 6 worked fine. Go figure there is a browser crappier then IE :D

I think it has more to do with Netscape is very much out of date and barely managed anymore. In-fact (just checked) there is an 8.x version of it now. And as far as I know the "good developers" that were working on Netscape when Netscape was popular moved to the Mozilla FireFox project. It has been a while... but I don't think IE was built into windows at the time and you could get it separately... After IE was built into windows it was all over... I think there was a huge legal battle about this several years back.

Hi, I have the same prob with IE6.0.29 and FF1.0.7 in 2.2B1 and 2.2B2

think its caused by some local settings, but I havent found out the reason yet.

In FF its just "hanging" after pressing the upload button. Somehow its not really hanging since I still can go back...

In IE its a little bit strange: the file goes into the attachment-list after upload, but when putting it into the post the whole domain is blocked for about 5 minutes in IE and FF (over domains still work). If I just wait this 5 minutes - before putting it into the post - it works.

Updated already to SunJava 1.5.0_06-b05. Still not working.
Tried without firewall. Also not working.

Maybe anyone has an idea what other kind of setting may can cause this

Uwe

Check your AV software.

tried with av-guard switched off. Didnt help. AV-updates and scans are running daily.

Any more suggestions? Wouldnt really like to rebuilt the whole system. There didnt come out any other problem with any other website yet...

Uwe

Archived