Infraction System

Guest TwinHawksClub

That would be nice for the next Invision Power version.

There is no chance it would be in the "next" version, as I hope they have added 90% of the features that will be in IPB 2.2.x by now. The best you could hope for is IPB 3.0.x which to be honest, I think they should make their own system.

Can you describe this system you speak of?

Allows an Admin to setup "rules" for example:
Advertise another site 1+ point
Flame another user 2+ points

After 3 points your account is disabled for 3 days, after 5 a week, ... a month, ... awhile

Something like the warning system, but perhaps you could say "pre-defined" comments and periods of post moderation. You can also read about the feature, on vbulletin's website, to make you seem smart I will let you guess what .com domain you can go to.

* The answer is within this post *

There is no chance it would be in the "next" version, as I hope they have added 90% of the features that will be in IPB 2.2.x by now. The best you could hope for is IPB 3.0.x which to be honest, I think they should make their own system.

Allows an Admin to setup "rules" for example:

Advertise another site 1+ point

Flame another user 2+ points

After 3 points your account is disabled for 3 days, after 5 a week, ... a month, ... awhile

Something like the warning system, but perhaps you could say "pre-defined" comments and periods of post moderation. You can also read about the feature, on vbulletin's website, to make you seem smart I will let you guess what .com domain you can go to.

* The answer is within this post *

So it's basically topic multi-moderation for the warning system? :\

I've used the vBulletin Infractions System before. IMHO, it sucks.

Basically, you give people a certain number of "points" every time they do something bad, and once they have accumulated a set number of these points, they get put into "Infraction Groups". These groups override their main group's perms. The disadvantage of this is that you can't necessarily, say, whimsically decide to require moderator preview of all future posts made by a certain member. You have to look at the screen, figure out which number of points is required in order to impose such a thing on them, then "infract" them up to this amount. It seems to confuse non-tech-savvy moderators.

The only leaf IPB need take out of vBulletin's Infractions book is that it might be nice one day to have a preset scale where on reaching a certain warning level, a member will be dealt an automatic punishment (e.g. once it reaches 50%, automatic suspension for x days). Of course, there would have to be an override for this, otherwise it would be annoying :)

I've used the vBulletin Infractions System before. IMHO, it sucks.

Basically, you give people a certain number of "points" every time they do something bad, and once they have accumulated a set number of these points, they get put into "Infraction Groups". These groups override their main group's perms. The disadvantage of this is that you can't necessarily, say, whimsically decide to require moderator preview of all future posts made by a certain member. You have to look at the screen, figure out which number of points is required in order to impose such a thing on them, then "infract" them up to this amount. It seems to confuse non-tech-savvy moderators.

The only leaf IPB need take out of vBulletin's Infractions book is that it might be nice one day to have a preset scale where on reaching a certain warning level, a member will be dealt an automatic punishment (e.g. once it reaches 50%, automatic suspension for x days). Of course, there would have to be an override for this, otherwise it would be annoying :)

+1 for that idea

Archived