Can moderate Signature

Guest HDTV

Hello, I have see big problem at many forums, few members add Signature with big size of font.
Solution it's add function for moderate Signature.
If moderator accept member have Signature if not he recive message sorry... :thumbsup:

Not good enough, we need more control over signatures.

Maximum image size. In KB and pixels.

Maximum font size.

Maximum amount of letters.

and so on. We need this for 2.2.

yes it's exactly that. and accept link http. Can change signatures each 30 days...
Can disable signature for new members...
Can refuse color.
and have formater for all members have same kind of signature.

How many dogs do you have :
What kind of food do you like:
and after
I have 2 Dogs.
My favorite food sushi

Nah it shouldn't be a modification, admins need to be given full control over what the members can/cant add in their signatures.

Myself and my moderators are sick to death of having to repeatedly ask members not to put giant images in their signatures and i really shouldn't have to.

Ditto the comments about signatures. I can't stand any with images or over the top formatting. At my site we've installed the no image mod and send pm's to members who use formatting we don't like. However this all seems pretty basic stuff to me and should be built into IPB.

You only have to look at IPS Beyond to see what happens when you let signatures get out of hand.

3DKiwi

Ditto the comments about signatures. I can't stand any with images or over the top formatting. At my site we've installed the no image mod and send pm's to members who use formatting we don't like. However this all seems pretty basic stuff to me and should be built into IPB.

You only have to look at IPS Beyond to see what happens when you let signatures get out of hand.

3DKiwi

yes but at my forums if all members don't have same signature it's not possible work. inside signature you have information about your system... like at forums http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa .

for me it's not professional have different signature. I don't use signature for invite people at an other forums I use signature for give more information about my system my status... and don't last time ask all time member wich system do you have wich status... I want it'a writed at signature and same for all.

Nah it shouldn't be a modification, admins need to be given full control over what the members can/cant add in their signatures.

Myself and my moderators are sick to death of having to repeatedly ask members not to put giant images in their signatures and i really shouldn't have to.

I agree, I don't think it should be a modification, personally, as full control over signatures would be a big +1 without having to install a modification for it (it should be implemented into the board for more control over it, in my opinion). :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't really that practical. Doing this isn't as simple as it sounds. Sure, you could parse each %7Boption%7D tag, but you'd have to load the image into memory in order to determine the sizes of it. You'd also likely need some sort of PHP image manipulation extension for that.

I think it would be useful if you could limit the maximum and minimum font sizes that users could enter, maybe as a group level permission or something.

It isn't really that practical. Doing this isn't as simple as it sounds. Sure, you could parse each [img] tag,

but you'd have to load the image into memory in order to determine the sizes of it.

You'd also likely need some sort of PHP image manipulation extension for that.

Isn't the board doing that already, when it shows the user his preview in his sig editing screen?

yes but at my forums if all members don't have same signature it's not possible work. inside signature you have information about your system... like at forums

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

for me it's not professional have different signature. I don't use signature for invite people at an other forums I use signature for give more information about my system my status... and don't last time ask all time member wich system do you have wich status... I want it'a writed at signature and same for all.

Are you sure Custom Profile Fields wouldn't better serve you here? I mean if you're using it to display information specific to each member, but all of the same information, wouldn't it be way more useful to the left of every post they make, rather than the (useless, IMO) Member No.?

Archived