phpBB3 Converter

Guest Gozzy

• 11 months later...

Ok guys. To make life easier.

Here is the link to our recent release listing of converters. We are quite busy with many projects. That tiny list of "Free Converters" on the site needs to be updated. Everything on the list, is in the zip file, you can download. I should know that phpBB3 is in the list of free converters, I put the zip together :)

Link: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...t&p=1491962

You have to pay for IPB but the converator is free, otherwise JasonIPS would have said something.

Who in their right mind would be using a pre-release of PHPBB 3 anyways...

The payment is for IPB to use converter to convert from phpbb to ipb,the license for ipb(I already have one) is extra.Unless of coure fee of $60 does cover ipb licence as well,in which case i will have it converted twice :lol: :rolleyes: :P :P

As for 2nd point,usually people who know what they are doing with boards who can take the few bugs in their stride,i have always used ipb rc versions in past untill final comes out.
Fancied a change but phpbb just doesnt do what i want it to do,so its back to ipb.

& the converter is definately not there for free download.

• 5 months later...

It hasn't been updated since the new release. I just downloaded it and it is definitely in there.

Any news when will be an update for converter? I currently have PHPBB3 on my site, got a license of IPB and now I wanted to convert, all worked fine, converted all users, topics, admins etc BUT old passwords don;t work.

Any news when will be done? Once again, everything was fine but the passwords. Thanks in advance

And, where is the converters download page?

Any news when will be an update for converter? I currently have PHPBB3 on my site, got a license of IPB and now I wanted to convert, all worked fine, converted all users, topics, admins etc BUT old passwords don;t work.

Any news when will be done? Once again, everything was fine but the passwords. Thanks in advance

And, where is the converters download page?

In the knowledge base, I think.

Tried again to convert a fresh install, everything gooes smooth until the end, no errors at all.

At the end my board is offline and cannot log in with any usernames, and I'm the Admin, Root or whatever name has the founder. I was able to reset the password last time and activated the board but all passwords were not correct, no one could login.

I also converted from PHPBB3 to VBulletin 3.6 and worked fine. They have in their convertor phpBB3 RC7 to VB 3.6.8 to choose from and it worked.

Why with your convertor all works fine only the passwords don't?

I'm lost :(

Okay,

I just finished it and the .zip file has been updated on the conversions page. It accounts for all updates and the new password hashing routine.

I will be looking into adding group conversion, after the holidays.

if you have any issues, email conversions@invisionpower.com

Tried again to convert a fresh install, everything gooes smooth until the end, no errors at all.

At the end my board is offline and cannot log in with any usernames, and I'm the Admin, Root or whatever name has the founder. I was able to reset the password last time and activated the board but all passwords were not correct, no one could login.

I also converted from PHPBB3 to VBulletin 3.6 and worked fine. They have in their convertor phpBB3 RC7 to VB 3.6.8 to choose from and it worked.

Why with your convertor all works fine only the passwords don't?

I'm lost :(

Was having the same problem. Thanks for the update Jason :thumbsup:

Archived