Mod CP

Guest Cherrymenthol

OK, I am sure this has been brought up more than once. The moderator CP is used in most forum software, It is a useful bit of kit that is good for managing members, keeping track of warnings etc. I think that it should be re-introduced in a future version of IPB; in a similar format to the ACP, tabs etc, but just with moderator controls instead. A lot of the member mod controls in IPB are spread all over the place, so I personally think if moderators can do all this in one place, like admins do, it would make their lives a lot easier, and give them the ability to moderate more efficiently. What do you think?

vBulletin is actually in the process of removing their Mod CP because all of the options found in it can now be done via inline moderation, similar to IPB. I don't really think the MCP is all that useful anymore.

Yeah, with inline moderation, the mod cp is obsolete.

Sorry, but to those of you who don't like this idea. I do. I also would like to add that there can be an announcements section. For admins to announce to the moderators some bit of information. (This could also turn out to become say a custom CP script. For Moderators, Admins, VIP Members, and Regular Members.) For now though I would like to give a "thumbs up" to this request.

a mod CP is pointless at this stage of development. vB is the only forum script out today that still has a mod cp and from what drygnfyre is stating. Thay are about to get rid of that feture. all inline modding is poslinle. Yes I would like to see something for the super mods wehre thay can ban members. but that would be my only request about having a mod CP. if you have enough admins you shoule have enough tot cover the entire board.

there is a hack on invisionize that you can use.

IPB already has "Moderator Tools" for super mods in the user CP, that's a mod CP of a kind. It might be nice to have a feature like "View Pending Posts/Topics" a bit like View New Posts but for mods and unapproved posts/topics only, and also the ability for super mods to permanently ban. That's a really glaring missing feature, always has been.

I agree for the most part though, inline moderation renders most mod CP features obsolete. Probably best just to put stuff that doesn't fit anywhere inline in the Moderator Tools.

• 2 weeks later...

vBulletin is actually in the process of removing their Mod CP because all of the options found in it can now be done via inline moderation, similar to IPB. I don't really think the MCP is all that useful anymore.

I am wondering, where did you get that piece of info from? Seeing as it is not supported by the vBulletin staff and completely preposterous to remove that just because inline moderation was introduced.

I am wondering, where did you get that piece of info from? Seeing as it is not supported by the vBulletin staff and completely preposterous to remove that just because inline moderation was introduced.

I can't find the specific thread at the moment, but one of the vB developers said that the functions of the Mod CP were gradually being moved over to the ACP and the inline moderation that was introduced in vB 3.5.x (and IPB 2.0.x.) :thumbsup:

Archived