Chat!

Guest cam drysdale

I've been a customer of SigmaChat since before Invision found and relicensed it. It then moved on to the awful (IMHO) one they've got now, but my sigmachat still works! It integrates right with IPB. Updates aren't often, but it's so far ahead of anything else, and the cost is a steal. You might still be able to get it through Invision if you put a request in.

If you can't, or if you're a web designer you can sign up as a reseller for Sigma yourself.

HTH

Yeah but having chatrooms shouldnt be another cash-in for IPS, it should be another component

i see no reason why we cant use something like FlashChat or an OCX
Check out http://www.chatsusa.com

If we could get something that nice to be intergrated with IPB then that'd be awesome, how about an in-house one by IPS themselves instead of external peeps like Sigma and Para

Yeah but having chatrooms shouldnt be another cash-in for IPS, it should be another component

i see no reason why we cant use something like FlashChat or an OCX

Check out

http://www.chatsusa.com

If we could get something that nice to be intergrated with IPB then that'd be awesome, how about an in-house one by IPS themselves instead of external peeps like Sigma and Para

Ehm.. and why can't you use FlasChat?

eitheways i dont some crappy chat app in the middle of my screen, i want a full on chatroom!

check this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz...s/chatroom.aspx

its all done using html and css

and using javascript for the popups and stuff

if IPS can make something like that a reality for IPB, i'd be willing to pay a lotta cash for it!

This could be modified to get a very similar effect, plus it would only take about 10 minutes for you to to hook it up to the IPB database using IPB SDK.

Our ircx chat server requires IPB authentication to access the channels (without being a guest user) and was pretty easy to set up.

Your best bet (for now) would be to try one of the modification sites such as Invisionize or IPSBeyond.

i take it thats using an ocx, most probably the MSNChat one, cause its requiring the exe, which blocks out all Mac viewers as we dont use exe's but apps and dmg's which are well cool.

but even so, i'd love to see something by IPS, but using html and css, like MS have done, that way we "customers" could edit it in the admin cp as easy as we would with the normal skinning.

I found a sweet AJAX chat online today but it doesnt have a personal chat deal but one is already planned for the next version.

I have the ZIP file HERE so you can add it to your forum. I made it add right it but not as a component. Some file editing is required in the login.php file in IPB but only one line.

• 2 weeks later...

What program is being used for the chat on *This* board? I like how it's integrated right into the forum. I have a small community that has just started up, and am looking for a low priced/free chat application, but one that is user friendly.

Archived