Lo-fi archive

Guest Patti

It would be great to have a way to archive your board into something like the lo-fi version. I have about 800,000 posts needing to be archved off the main board.

I think something like this would speed up the whole board.

My board hasn't gotten to that point yet but yeah i agree after a while we winde up having to cough up alot of money for a personal server to hold the board up, A archive would save some memory, bandwidth, speed & other stuff :)

it's only a ultra-low resource-usage "skin"...

we are talking about a system that can staticize and export from database a good stuff between post & topics that are enough old...

post & topics that nobody will reply and are there only for reading...

• 11 months later...

It would be great to have a way to archive your board into something like the lo-fi version. I have about 800,000 posts needing to be archved off the main board.

I think it's a good idea. I need this too :)

But I think it should be only admin option. When every member could archive forum, that could make high transfer :unsure:

Why not just make the trash can public? The trashcan is a archiver.

A trash can and an archive are two very different things.

Do you keep old photos in a waste paper bin? Or perhaps used chocolate wrappers in a special wooden box in your attic? :)

I agree, should be a way to archive old posts, llike vbuletting. Why do I find myself hvaing to mention vB?

You CAN use it for the purpose in this thread though, I have done before.

:blink: Trashcan is still stored in the same database, what's the point in doing that?

Archived