Why Invizion?

Guest SteliosS

First of all sorry if I am not at the right category........

I am the owner of www.avforum.gr which runs under vbulletin, I am a person that wants always to upgrade and give the members of our community always the best. I saw invizion at www.aquazone.gr, I spoke with the owner and they told me very good things about invizion board.

My question is, if I change to invizion, waht would be the benefit? Is there a reason to change? Is your invizion supports Greek language?

Thank you in advance

Yes, IPB supports the greek language (in fact, I've been working on various custom services on a Greek site for quite a while - http://www.taxheaven.gr/acforum/ ).

Really, it is hard for one to say why you should choose one forum over another. Support, customer service, availability of the features you really NEED, as well as availability to obtain the features (through modifications, for example, or custom services) you may wish to add to a stock board are some common factors that users typically consider when choosing the forum they wish to use.

Personally, the reason I choose IPB when I first started using forums (before I came to work here) is because I always thought IPB just had the cleanest/most professional look and appearance. That was me though.

Personally, the reason I choose IPB when I first started using forums (before I came to work here) is because I always thought IPB just had the cleanest/most professional look and appearance. That was me though.

wow, that's the same reason as me.. lol. And because it had a more user friendly ACP.

btw; happy birthday bfarber =)

Thank you very much for the prompt reply :rolleyes:

Stability, support and speed are the factors.......

I have no problem with vbulletin but I'm always looking for something better, and my members (6.300) are used to this kind of behavior.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply :rolleyes:

Stability, support and speed are the factors.......

I have no problem with vbulletin but I'm always looking for something better, and my members (6.300) are used to this kind of behavior.

I for one would suggest IPB at the strongest.

IPB is quite stable, and we do have full time employees that provide support (myself being one of them).

In terms of speed, without running both forums side by side with comparable amounts of data and users online, it's a little unfair to gauge them in all honesty. Often times there are host-based issues that could affect one more than the other, for example.

I've always thought of IPB as the fastest, but that largely depends on the site (the server it is on, whether it's a dedicated server, how many users are online, how much data the site contains, etc.). And, in fairness, I don't visit vb sites too often (not for any particular reason, just because the sites I visit happen to run IPB lol).

I agree with all of them, Invision Boards are really great boards, what i find hard is to get a new version it costs $$$$. Thats why im forced to used PHPBB, i want an up to date board and they supply it for free money is an issue at my site since i give out my service for free, but i would prefer to use invision board. They are better and they are at a higher quality

I don't recommend moving away from vB if it works for you and you are happy with it. Jelsoft provides a great product and great support. No need to get rid of it if it works. If, however, you are unhappy with vB, then you might want to consider converting to IPB. Like Jelsoft, IPB is backed up by a full-time company, IPS.

Archived