did my upgrade work?H

Guest Jordan2863

Hey,

I did a upgrade but I used the attached file on the critical update post. Since I did that, is my board totally upgraded? I also ran /upgrade/index.php and put the new folder in tehre. I downloaded the file, but I didn't upload anything besides the stuf in the upgrade folder.

Is this upgrade complete?

:charles:

• Management

It largely depends on exactly what you did and what version you were running before.

If you were already running IPB 2.1.4 and patched your sources with either the attached DIFF txt file or via the patch zip from the download center, you're fine.

I checked both of them and both say 2.1.4, but what I mean is are all the bugs, etc. fixed by just uploading the files listed in the TXT attachment on the critical update page?

I know this should be in Customer-to-customer assitance I must of put it in the wrong board by accident, could a moderator move it please? Thanks.

Nope, it's not complete, you need to take a look at the announcement and all the files that changed....

Where is the announcment? I'm confused.

No, you were right Nimdock. All I did was install the patch on v.2.1.3 and I had the 2.1.4 zip on the computer and I ran the upgrader without even haven the files edited.

Does this matter? Do I need to re-run the upgrader after alreading upgrading?

I just upgraded all those changed files in the list.

Thanks guys for your help!

Nimdock should be right there. The upgrader is for the database. It's better to do that as a last step, just procedurally, but it shouldn't matter in most circumstances.

All I did was install the patch on v.2.1.3 and I had the 2.1.4 zip on the computer and I ran the upgrader without even haven the files edited.

Just to be clear...

You ran the upgrade on a 2.1.3 board.
Then you uploaded only the files listed in the changelog post.

Yeah, should be okay :)

Archived