Multiple Attachments

Guest sdenike

It would be nice if you could add multiple attachments at once, as in then you go to attach a file it allowed you to select X files to attach at once, that way you wouldn't have to do one at a time. Or possible allowing a compressed file to be uploaded then the system can unzip it/extract the images, then thumbnail them. If you cant tell I have a need for a way for people to upload a bunch of images at once.

It would be nice if you could add multiple attachments at once, as in then you go to attach a file it allowed you to select X files to attach at once, that way you wouldn't have to do one at a time. Or possible allowing a compressed file to be uploaded then the system can unzip it/extract the images, then thumbnail them. If you cant tell I have a need for a way for people to upload a bunch of images at once.

Have you checked if there are any modifications to do this.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that you should be able to list what you want to upload which would allow more then 1 file. But lets face it, any chance of this going to happen would take awhile, if it does indeed become a feature.

I don't know if they actually allow for new features in the minor version updates.ie 2.1x ( I believe the its called a minor version ). Lets just say it is :thumbsup

With that said it would be wierd for them to do so, since features at least I feel should be limited to major releases. Changes or updates or specfic change how something works is the norm at least I feel for major releases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry, you can bump all you like, but invision doesn't listen to customer requests... Their obvious policy is to put out a product and if you want something added to it, pay a programmer to add it.

Dean made the mod for multiple attachements and it worked so well that invision chose to completely ignore it... and in fact, just 'happen' to write their update to insure it doesn't work any longer.

Hopefully someday Dean will do an update, but I suspect if invision is going to just change the code so it doesn't work again, why would he go to all that trouble to enhance and make a needed feature available yet again. just to get it disabled again..

Sorry, you can bump all you like, but invision doesn't listen to customer requests... Their obvious policy is to put out a product and if you want something added to it, pay a programmer to add it.

Dean made the mod for multiple attachements and it worked so well that invision chose to completely ignore it... and in fact, just 'happen' to write their update to insure it doesn't work any longer.

Hopefully someday Dean will do an update, but I suspect if invision is going to just change the code so it doesn't work again, why would he go to all that trouble to enhance and make a needed feature available yet again. just to get it disabled again..

If you dislike Invision Power Services that much, perhaps you shouldn't use their products and post on their company forum? While I am replying to a fool like yourself, I will add that only somebody who dislikes Invision Power Services for no reason would necro an 8 month old topic.

Archived