PM logs

Guest FCB-Mo

This has been discussed many times. While I, myself, use Dean's PM Logs mod, I agree completely with past discussion that this should remain a mod and not become a feature.

Matt (I believe) has said that he will not implement this because of privacy and I completely understand.

Keith

I am against any logging both PM and Mail because you violatre somebody's privacy is SOMEONE receives, one ought to inform the administrator of such occurence. It is not Administrator that sees private messages. I am strongly opting for removing that features. Administrator is, under any cirmumstances, not a BIG BROTHER.

I completely disagree ... an admin is by all counts a big brother. They are there to keep the community calm, orderly, and happy. I have Dean's PM Logs mod installed on my boards and you have no idea how many times that has helped me to solve disputes over he said she said arguments and most recently to solve a sexual harassment claim. The e-mail logs are there to ensure that people are not spamming the users. While I completely agree that PM logs should be left as a mod ... I will continue to use them to ensure I can keep order in my community.

The members have the right to privacy when it comes to PMs and E-mails ... so give it to them. If you are not nosey and only use them when needed ... privacy is no longer an issue. Members give up the right to privacy when the use the board's services in a way that is against your rules and/or applicable laws.

Keith

Archived