Staff Notes in Topics

Guest krocheck

I haven't looked at the link, but just the sound of the idea is kinda cool. I presume that the notes are kept in a separate table, so it'd only take up space as needed. Definitely a good idea, because then if a post within a topic is set to invisible, it could be easily noted why. (Simple example too).

I definitely agree with this idea. Would be a nice feature.

The "Staff Notes in Topics" mod that I made was very well received by many board owners, so I would like to request that it be added in IPB 3.0. Please see the link below for more details on the mod.

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/4450

Keith

Didn't I just read that your staff wasn't using it and that you weren't going to make it available for 2.1???

Teejer

I think if we had posts that member groups with the appropriate permissions (i.e moderator etc) would be able to leave a post that acts like when a topic is invisible awaiting approval but without the approval bit :P Just so it is hidden from those who don't have permission to view :D

Didn't I just read that your staff wasn't using it and that you weren't going to make it available for 2.1???

Teejer

Yes, but what I left out was that I used it for auditing purposes. I told my staff that whenever that took an action to record in the Staff Notes area for the topic. I used it for a month and then stopped using it because I got the data I needed. As I said in my post ... people like it and use it so I suggested it as the original creator. Just because I may not have a use for it now, I may wish to audit again in the future. People use it so I brought it to the front here.

Keith

Archived