"Add Birthday" option to calendar

Guest Xandur

I have a simple family site that my entire family uses. Unfortunately, my parents use the same login "Mom.Dad". Because of that, they cannot add both their birthdays and have them work properly in the calendar (ie, automatically figuring out age). I'd like to see a way to integrate an "add birthday" option inside the "add event" screen that would allow an admin to add birthdays.

Also, this feature would be helpful as I have 3 and 4 year old nephews who are to young to have their own login (therefore cannot use the birthday option in the profile) that I'd like to add to the calendar so peeps know when to get them cards. Adding an "add birthday" option would allow peeps to click on the name and see what age they are so they could maybe buy age specific cards.

I think it's a good idea. Yeah, you could add just add extra birthdays as an event because a birthday is an event but to stay with the flow of the calendar having an option to add a birthday would be nice.

I would also like to see an option to not just either display or not display birthdays on the calendar, but also to display a birthday link instead. I have a large board and don't like seeing five birthdays in so many dates. I know it automatically does it above five but an option for a link that does it all the time (5 Birthday(s), 1 Birthday(s), etc.) would be alot better.

Archived