Polls

Guest Johnnie

once you voted you can't vote again, and what members voted on will then be displayed after making a vote. a post indicator may seem overkill and viewing each members choice is not an intellegent thing to do, it may only create havok and start flames to voice out difference of opinion.

What is the reason - besides "that is the way they coded it" - why someone can not vote again - to select a different choice/option?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would presume that for the privacy of the individual...

If a vote is cast, in order for that vote to remain private, all that would happen is the vote count would be increased, and their account flagged that they voted on that topic, but without marking WHICH option they voted. For that reason, it would be impossible to let them switch their vote from option "B" to option "C" for example, because it wouldn't know which one they voted before.

I'm about as curious of a person as can be, but I believe in a persons right to private voting. Yes, I think that KNOWING that they did vote should be available knowledge.... But NOT which option they voted with.

I would presume that for the privacy of the individual...

If a vote is cast, in order for that vote to remain private, all that would happen is the vote count would be increased, and their account flagged that they voted on that topic, but without marking WHICH option they voted.  For that reason, it would be impossible to let them switch their vote from option "B" to option "C" for example, because it wouldn't know which one they voted before.

I'm about as curious of a person as can be, but I believe in a persons right to private voting.  Yes, I think that KNOWING that they did vote should be available knowledge....  But NOT which option they voted with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Privacy is not an issue. I do not know how a person has voted - nor do I care.

A vote choice can be stored in a cookie, retrieved, the person changes their mind and re-votes, and the cookie is overwritten with the new choice. There is no change to the vote count (number of votes).

These are all progamming issues and can be easily changed.

Archived