Fresh install files with database upgraded

SoloInter

Hi guys,

Long story short, I tried to upgrade our test site to v5 and faced 500 errors

I showed a little more info and it was pointed out to me that the architecture of my root folder was strange. In fact since 2015 on IPB and coming from a phpbb conversion, this inevitably leaves traces and files which no longer have anything to do here.

So I tried a brand new installation of v5, not an upgrade.

I modified the conf file to point to a database that had undergone the upgrade in order to find our 20 years of data. 

I rsync all the uploads folder to get back all the pictures.

And it works. 

Is this bad? Do I need to check/adjust certain essential points?

Edited by SoloInter

12 hours ago, SoloInter said:

I showed a little more info and it was pointed out to me that the architecture of my root folder was strange. In fact since 2015 on IPB and coming from a phpbb conversion, this inevitably leaves traces and files which no longer have anything to do here.

Its worth pointing out here, some of the files you have in locations have never actually been there. So its more than just leaving traces there.

You could certainly do it the way you have done there. However personally, if it were me I would have gone about it by sorting out your 4.x installation first. To do that, you would do the following

1. Delete everything other than 
    - Uploads Folder
    -conf_global.php
    - constants.php (if you have it)
    - plugins folder
  2. Upload a fresh set of files from your client area

Its important to note the following

1. This doesnt take into account any 3rd party applications you may have in your applications folder. If you do have any, copy those folders out, and re-add them to your uploads folder once the above is done
  2. It assumes all storage locations are in the default 'uploads' location. You would need to adjust your steps accordingly if you have changed these

@Marc

Version 4.7.18 working. I can go through all the pages, forum, articles, everything is fine. 

I go to the ACP Admin. I deleted the themes and restored the original. I deleted all the templates for the pages. I uninstalled all 3rd apps. I removed the languages and put back the original French version. I set everything back to as "clean" and "default" as possible.

I go to FTP. I deleted all the files and folders except the ones you said to keep.

I sent the contents of the beta 5 folder.

When I first go to the home page, I have a template error with GlobalTemplate mentioned.

I then went directly to admin/upgrade.

The installation starts, I have to run a query manually.

I run it

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_reputation_index` ENGINE=InnoDB, ADD KEY `item_lookup` (`rep_class`,`item_id`,`reaction`);

Result : Error

Error
ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_reputation_index` ENGINE=InnoDB, ADD KEY `item_lookup` (`rep_class`,`item_id`,`reaction`);
MySQL : #1061 - Key name 'item_lookup' already used

I click on "I have run the queries manually and confirm they were run successfully"

Install continu.

New query :

ALTER TABLE `ibf_forums_posts` ADD( `post_score` FLOAT NULL , `post_score_last_event` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Last time an event occurred which requires the post score to be recalculated', `post_share_count` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_quote_count` BIGINT UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_linked_count` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_reaction_count` BIGINT NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_view_time` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Average time this post was displayed on screen', `post_view_time_view_count` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'The number of times (roughly) this post\'s content was displayed in a browser', `post_force_in_summary` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_embed_count` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , `post_featured` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0  );

Result : Ok

MySQL returned an empty result (i.e. no rows). (processing in 0.1680 second(s).)

I click on "I have run the queries manually and confirm they were run successfully"

Install continu.

New query :

ALTER TABLE `ibf_forums_posts` CHANGE COLUMN `post_field_t2` `post_field_t2` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL ;

MySQL returned an empty result (i.e. no rows). (processing in 0.0304 second(s).)

Install continu.

New query :

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_reputation_index` DROP INDEX `item_lookup`, ENGINE=InnoDB, ADD KEY `item_lookup` (`rep_class`,`item_id`,`reaction`);

MySQL returned an empty result (i.e. no rows). (processing in 43.4510 second(s).)

Install continu.

New query : 

ALTER TABLE `ibf_forums_posts` ADD COLUMN `post_helpful_count` INT UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT 0 ;

MySQL returned an empty result (i.e. no rows). (processing in 0.1383 second(s).)

Install continu.

Install finish.

Go to the suite : Error 500
Go to the AdminCP : I can connect

Edited by SoloInter