Editing an article does not go into moderation

WebCMS

While editing an article, it says, "Your content will need to be approved by a moderator" but it gets saved without going to moderation.

A user could submit a clean article first and once it gets approved, he could edit it later to add some affiliate links into it and save it silently and no one may notice it with the above issue as articles are not as monitored as the forum posts.

This is something that has been brought up in the past, but is indeed how the system works at present. We dont have moderation on content edits at present. What you could is to limit the length of time people can edit for, which can somewhat mitigate the issue. I realise thats not exactly what you are after here, but thought I would put it forward as an option

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2024 at 3:10 AM, Marc said:

This is something that has been brought up in the past, but is indeed how the system works at present. We dont have moderation on content edits at present. What you could is to limit the length of time people can edit for, which can somewhat mitigate the issue. I realise thats not exactly what you are after here, but thought I would put it forward as an option

1) Tried below settings in ACP but it works only for article Comments & article Reviews but does not stop us from editing the Article itself which seems like a glitch -

Groups > Members > Content > Editing > Can edit own content > Articles [x]

Edit time restriction = 60 minutes

The above settings work for topics, blogs and events as expected but not for articles. Even if Articles checkbox is unselected altogether, it doesn't stop us from editing articles and seems like validations are skipped or non-existent for articles. Resolving this glitch would resolve this issue to some extent for now.

2) In the ACP, articles have settings for Versioning and comparing versions but I don't see any versions. Where are versions exposed in the ACP or in the frontend?

Edited by WebCMS

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Marc said:

Please could you give me an example user who is editing and an example item  they are allowed to edit that you believe they shouldnt be

You can try any article authored by "Vijay" and it allows editing even though "Edit time restriction" is limited to 60 minutes for all users

Edited by WebCMS

2 hours ago, WebCMS said:

You can try any article authored by "Vijay" and it allows editing even though "Edit time restriction" is limited to 60 minutes for all users

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.