Remove user information from whole site

ExoTech

In our company we use Pages application as Knowledge base for our customers. They need only clear info about our services without disturbing elements.

So would be possible add option to remove information about Author, its photo, Last Post, Date (created, edited etc.) in category index, list of articles etc.? Just add an option to turn off everything that is not essential except customer information. Make it totally anonymously.

Administrator could be have an option, where this could be applicable - Pages, Blogs, Gallery...

Thanks.

If you are using Pages, the best option is to make custom templates with all that information removed (or hidden for specific groups) rather than adding per-database settings. There are already way too many settings there. 🙄

Let Invision team decide what will be better. I have been using IP.Board since 2003 and lot of suggested improvements have been added.

Custom templates is not ideal path due updates, as modified templates are dropped during the update process. Only way is revert templates to default and then modify again.

I get the idea, but I also wouldn’t hold my breath. It’s a niche use that goes against the entire framework revolving around community accounts. Not to mention that no one will agree on what those “essential“ information will be for that toggle. (I speak from experience regarding my Pages templates adding tons of options, which never were enough.)

A custom app changing the template output for all user-related information might work though and would probably not be too complicated. 

Edited by opentype