Guest Signup widget not rendering in latest version

Posted (edited)

The text content in the widget is empty/lost while editing the widget in Admin mode in the frontend.

Anything related to this?

Using 4.7.17 on CiC

Edited by WebCMS

Are you stating if you edit the Guest Signup Widget, there is no text there? Were you using this block prior? It will only have text if you filled it out.

This is separate to your Newsletter signup widget as that was a language string, whereas this is a setting you need to fill out.

42 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Are you stating if you edit the Guest Signup Widget, there is no text there? Were you using this block prior? It will only have text if you filled it out.

This is separate to your Newsletter signup widget as that was a language string, whereas this is a setting you need to fill out.

Yes, we were using the widget from the beginning and it was displaying for guests our custom text that we filled it out until the last version. After updating to the latest, the above issue manifests.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

I see the filled-in text in our last backup taken on June 8 in cms_page_widget_areas table but it shows empty in the frontend.

Did anyone with access delete the block or content? That would likely be the only explanation because you were already on the latest release yesterday when that backup was taken.

23 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Did anyone with access delete the block or content? That would likely be the only explanation because you were already on the latest release yesterday when that backup was taken.

No, the widget is intact from the beginning. If it got deleted, I would guess its associated data in the cms_pages_widget_areas would be deleted as well but the data is there.

4 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

No, the widget is intact from the beginning. If it got deleted, I would guess its associated data in the cms_pages_widget_areas would be deleted as well but the data is there.

This may have happened after the backup was taken. However, I have moved this to a ticket so our developers can confirm here. Please watch your email for further correspondence.