Post Count & Moderation Queue Issues

Good Day

We have recently copied https://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/forum/48-rides-list-full-info-restricted-to-forum-supporters/

to

https://www.fun-fairs.co.uk/forum/846-rides-list-free-access-limited-info/

However the post counts for the two differ wildly. Is there a way to force a recount??

Secondly - The first forum shows there is one post awaiting action on Moderation Queue, the second shows 5815 - However there are no posts needing attention.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

Bill 

Sorry, could you please clarify what you mean by copied? The copy function would only copy the forums, not the posts so the counts should be 0. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean or you used a third party action to do so.

1 minute ago, Bill Edwards said:

I used Adriano's excellent add on to copy the topics, replies - everything 🙂

That would be who you need to contact then for assistance, I'm afraid. We would not supply support for something of this nature.

Really?

Neither of the issues has ANYTHING to do with the copy.

Is there a way to force a recount requires a simple yes or no answer - a recount would be a core software function. You can't answer that?

We've had issues in the past - documented with you whereby the Mod Queue gets out of sync (nothing to do with copying) and in the past you've zero'ed it. You can't do that as you have in the past?

@Adriano

15 minutes ago, Bill Edwards said:

Really?

Neither of the issues has ANYTHING to do with the copy.

Is there a way to force a recount requires a simple yes or no answer - a recount would be a core software function. You can't answer that?

We've had issues in the past - documented with you whereby the Mod Queue gets out of sync (nothing to do with copying) and in the past you've zero'ed it. You can't do that as you have in the past?

@Adriano

Unfortunately, the reality here is that we do not know the way which items were copied or if there is an underlying issue there. Therefore, we would not provide support on something which was not done natively in the software.

To answer the question about recounting posts, you can do this via ACP -> Members -> Members -> view any members -> go to Posts -> Recount All.

As the plugin author is unable to help, I need to find a way forward and I would appreciate your assistance.

What are my options?

Put up with the Mod Queue anomaly? Does this mean that I will be denied support for any matter now as I have used a plugin?

Delete my entire forum and start again?

If I delete ALL third party plugins and go back to base software will you be able to help?

I appreciate you won't help, but I still need to find a way out of this mess - even if I'm to blame for it!

I'm afraid, we would not be able to provide support for any data inconsistencies which stem from third party add-ons. As the copying via a third-party add-on caused the Mod Queue anomaly, this would be outside our scope of support and up to the third-party author to resolve.

If you delete the forums/topics/posts which you copied via this third-party add-on, it may resolve your issue.