EU Cookies accompliance 2024

Hi team,

Recently the UE governtment changes your requirements about cookies acompliance. Now we should offer in our sites the option to Accept - Decline - Manage Preferencies about all our cookies used in our site. This functionality should accept or block the diferent cookies used in every visit.

This blog resume this new UE requirements: https://www.insideprivacy.com/eu-data-protection/eu-supervisory-authorities-publish-new-guidance-on-cookies/

IC is not prepared to support these requirements and we must comply with them immediately as they are coming into force in most EU countries. We risk penalties of thousands of euros or dollars if we fail to do so.

How and when IC can solve this problem in upcoming updates? Do we have any other options at the moment?

Cookie Consent V3 requirements:

CookieConsent v3 cover

17 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Just having a quick read through there, I feel "requirement" is a little disingenuous here. What you have linked to there is "guidance" and not something that is a requirement. 

Yes Marc, this is a guidance, I can't find any official site for this or other GPDR requirements, only could find this site https://gdpr.eu/ looks unofficial.

It can be a bit confusing and unclear but all the websites I use have updated this consent, google.com for example.

Therefore the requirement or obligation exists and must be implemented. In fact, Google itself has informed in its guidelines for web positioning that it will start to monitor whether the GPDR regulations are complied with as an SEO factor.

Could contain: Page, Text

4 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Yes Marc, this is a guidance, I can't find any official site for this or other GPDR requirements, only could find this site https://gdpr.eu/ looks unofficial.

It can be a bit confusing and unclear but all the websites I use have updated this consent, google.com for example.

Therefore the requirement or obligation exists and must be implemented. In fact, Google itself has informed in its guidelines for web positioning that it will start to monitor whether the GPDR regulations are complied with as an SEO factor.

You are contradicting yourself a little there. These are either guidance, or requirements. They cant be both. The fact sites are using them doesn't make them a requirement. I understand you may like for these things to exist in the software, and feel free to do a feedback post on these to request changes in the platform if you would like for this to happen. But I cannot stress enough, you cant assume it's a requirement based on sites using them.

Just as an example. Almost every site on the internet has a footer of some type on their site. That doesn't mean having a footer is a requirement.