Use a Feature Color - Bug

Como
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Hi,

I've tried this both with a Cloud installation, and a self-hosted test forum. Bot forums using the most recent release.

Cloud: tired setting a colour for one category - I could detect no change. I tried setting a color for a forum - this worked. However, I cannot copy the values ('Use' or 'Color') to other forums. I can disable the setting and revert to standard, but even this seems hit and miss. I can set a colour for each forum independently. But I cannot fathom the precise conditions for the behaviour - it seems inconsistent.

Sometimes, when I re-enable Use a Feature Color, it reverts to the first color I tried.

Self-hosted: I cannot set a feature color at all.

Yes: I do save the two settings and select 'save' at the foot of the page too.

Further: on the Cloud installation, one of the times I attempted to disable Use a Color Feature (and apply the setting to all forums), all forums were converted to categories. Fortunately, this is not yet a production site, but will be in a few days time.

I do have one addon installed, but it only affects how usernames are displayed - it seems unlikely that this is the cause. Irrespective, I fully disabled the addon - there was no discernible change in behaviour.

Edited by Como

Correction: I'm not sure why - maybe I was having a brain fart - the bug seems identical at the staging forum to the Cloud installation. I can apply a colour to a single forum, but cannot copy it across to other forums.

Hmm.

First, I think I might have boobed with regard to forums turning to categories. My guess is that, somehow, I clucked on 'Copy Setting Value' for forum type for category, rather than 'use a feature color', so ended up changing all forums to categories. That's a probable oops, and no bug.

Second, I can now set a feature colour and I have no idea why I could not before. I certainly tried setting from a forum, and not a category. I'll do some more testing later. I'm perplexed.

14 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please let us know if you do find a bug of course 😄 

Will do!🙃 I've not had time to go back and re-test, but I still do not have explanation for why the feature color would not copy across - I tried multiple times. And yes, with forums, not categories. I'll re-test later today.

• 2 weeks later...

I had cause to change the color again. And, again, the color will not copy across to other categories and forums. It worked once - when I last posted to this thread - and only once. I've tried selecting 'all', and setting the target forum individually. I click 'save' and then 'save' again on the main page.

This is with a cloud installation, the most current version.

This gets stranger. I disabled the feature (and copied this across to other forums). This worked. I then tried to set the new color (to all forums). Strangely, the category I was working from changed to the new color, but all the other categories and forums changed to the intermediate color I had before today. Some of those other forums did have new color when I attempted to update the color earlier (each individually set).

I'm logged in.

Edit: Actually, I think I might have logged in since I tried the changes earlier. So double checked. That seems to be it! I just tried again now - it was caching issue. Urgh.

Thanks.

Edited by Como