EX1146 Something went wrong. Please try again. (Unable To Access Admin Panel)

coert_g

Following a previous post regarding upgrade issues - I managed to get my upgrader to complete and activated a new supported theme for the new version.

However, I had a notice for a large number of database problems in the admin panel, so I began to implement the SQL queries to fix it, but now I am unable to access the admin area at all.

I get an EX1146 error and it then logs me out again shortly afterwards...

PS For Admins: We don't currently have a test environment and changes active on the 'live' URL on record.

Edited by coert_g

From the error log:

[22-Jun-2023 13:06:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught IPS\Db\Exception: Table 'dropzone.core_sys_cp_sessions' doesn't exist in /home/dropzone/apps/dropzone/system/Db/Db.php:638
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dropzone/apps/dropzone/system/Db/Db.php(972): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /home/dropzone/apps/dropzone/system/Session/Admin.php(112): IPS\_Db->replace()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write()
#3 [internal function]: session_write_close()
#4 {main}
  thrown in /home/dropzone/apps/dropzone/system/Db/Db.php on line 638

19 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You need to check your database to see if that table has crashed and rectify from there. You may need to recover that table from a database backup if its not present

The table is missing from the database, but I have no easy way to restore the table other than asking our host to roll back everything and lose another day of work in pursuing what is supposed to be a simple CMS update. If I restore our database (which is also extremely large), I'll inadvertently remove all the database changes that were just done when upgrading to the latest release.

It feels like each time we perform an upgrade it's like pulling teeth, to the point where we've neglected the process solely because we know what it ends up being like.

Before I ask our host to roll it back and abandon the idea of upgrading again, is there no other way to resolve this? Or a way to have a less painful upgrade process. It feels almost easier and more affordable to migrate an entire site to another CMS that it is to update the CMS itself ://

The correct way would be to restore, however you could try creating with this if

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `core_sys_cp_sessions` (
  `session_id` varchar(128) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `session_ip_address` varchar(46) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `session_member_name` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `session_member_id` bigint UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `session_location` varchar(255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `session_log_in_time` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `session_running_time` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `session_url` text CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci,
  `session_app_data` mediumblob,
  PRIMARY KEY (`session_id`),
  KEY `session_running_time` (`session_running_time`),
  KEY `session_member_id` (`session_member_id`)
)