Downloads -> Rebuild Topic Content -> Generates Necro Support Topics

Teddy Rogers
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Scenario, "Permanently delete content" has an x day period set before permanently deleting content.

In Downloads after a file has been "deleted" it is possible for the "Get Support" topic to be recreated when using the "rebuild topic content" feature in "AdminCP -> Downloads -> Categories -> Forum Topics" whilst the Downloads file is awaiting deletion.

It would be better if the "rebuild topic content" only rebuilt content that has not been set for deletion...

Ted.

5 hours ago, Teddy Rogers said:

Scenario, "Permanently delete content" has an x day period set before permanently deleting content.

In Downloads after a file has been "deleted" it is possible for the "Get Support" topic to be recreated when using the "rebuild topic content" feature in "AdminCP -> Downloads -> Categories -> Forum Topics" whilst the Downloads file is awaiting deletion.

It would be better if the "rebuild topic content" only rebuilt content that has not been set for deletion...

Ted.

Until content has been permanently deleted, it would iondeed be rebuilt if you are rebuilding them. As you could undelete the item, and it would then not have been rebuilt as the others were, and be incorrect if you have changed anything.

If the Downloads file is not viewable or accessible and is "deleted" (scheduled for deletion) why go ahead and rebuild it?

Note, once the topic content has been rebuilt the file in Downloads is not accessible anyway...

Ted.

Edited by Teddy Rogers

54 minutes ago, Teddy Rogers said:

If the Downloads file is not viewable or accessible and is "deleted" (scheduled for deletion) why go ahead and rebuild it?

It is soft deleted in that case, so can actually be undeleted at that stage

@Marc Stridgen I think what I have been neglecting to add, and the actual problem I am trying to highlight, is that the deleted support topics are becoming visible again in the forums.

After the Downloads topic contents have been rebuilt they should not be viewable/ hidden in the forum and remain "deleted" and accessible only in Moderator CP -> Deleted Content...

Ted.

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This issue has been resolved in our recent 4.7.14 release of the platform. Please upgrade to resolve the issue, and if you see any further problems at that point, please let us know.

Thank you for resolving and the update. I will let you know if there are any further issues the next time I run a rebuild of content...

Ted.