The installer uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correc

The installer uses PHP sessions to store data, however PHP sessions are currently not working correctly on your server. This is an issue you will need to contact your host about.

Can’t get past this step

• PHP version 8.1.17.
  • cURL extension loaded
  • DOM extension loaded.
  • GD extension loaded.
  • Multibyte String extension loaded.
  • MySQLi extension loaded.
  • OpenSSL extension loaded.
  • Session extension loaded.
  • SimpleXML extension loaded.
  • XML Parser extension loaded.
  • XMLReader extension loaded.
  • XMLWriter extension loaded.
  • Zip extension loaded.
  • Exif extension loaded.
  • GMP extension loaded.
  • 768M memory limit.
  • No Suhosin restrictions.

MySQL Requirements

• Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php:327 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php(327): mysqli->__construct(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) #1 {main} thrown in /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php on line 327

There are a couple of reasons why PHP sessions might not be working correctly.

Here are some possible solutions you can try:

Check the session save path:
Make sure that the session save path is writable by the web server. You can check the session save path in the php.ini file or by using the session_save_path() function in your PHP code.

Check if cookies are enabled:
Sessions rely on cookies to store the session ID, so make sure that cookies are enabled in the user's browser.

1 hour ago, manuel lazanakis said:

Do you think the problem is the key is registered to the same url already because it was installed before but had to erase the site and start over ?

No. The license key would not cause this issue. This is a server configuration issue. 

12 hours ago, manuel lazanakis said:
  • Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php:327 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php(327): mysqli->__construct(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) #1 {main} thrown in /home/customer/www/sexevents.com/public_html/ips4.php on line 327

Not sure if you removed the username yourself prior to posting, but thought that might be something to check if your database requires a username and password to access.

I compared your PHP values to mine and the only different one to note is session.save_path. Yours was /tmp and mine was /opt/alt/php80/var/lib/php/session - but this probably varies by host.

Sorry I don't have anything else to add about the PHP sessions as it may be a server issue. Is this the same server you have been using for a while or have you migrated recently?

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2023 at 12:18 PM, manuel lazanakis said:

So the issue was the license being attached to the same url from a previous install attempt. Unfortunately I had to pay the $15 and remove it. Then I started the installation again. And everything went smooth and added the key again on the next step. And problem solved 

Did your hosting provider have to fix this issue? Was there a file edit needing to be fix to address the issue?