Change message for group not having access to the site

AlexJ
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

So on our site, we have created de-activated group where users can request to put request for deactivation. They way in future we can request their account back, since we don't have FB like system in IPS. 

But now if I enable, group can't access site, user get this message. Users are getting confused thinking they did something wrong. Anyway, I can show group based message? i.e. Your Account has been De-activated?

Banned is for someone, who we never want on our website back!

image.png.8b9a43459500bed981785ab1caff6838.png

• Solution

If you disable access to your community for a group, as you've done here, this is effectively banning that group from your site as you are stating they shouldn't have access to your community. If you believe that this sends the wrong connotation for your users, you can change the message here for all groups/users who don't have access and would view this permission denied message (keep in mind this would be for this use case and actual banned members, etc...) by changing the language string.

To read more about changing language strings, please read:

Hi Jim,

I don't think it will help. As I mentioned, I would prefer banned users to show Ban message because I don't want them back on our site. 

So it's based on user persona's/group:

Deactivate - "Your account is de-activated as per your request"

Banned - Current message is perfect. 

Edited by AlexJ

24 minutes ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, as mentioned, this is not possible. It is 1 message for all cases. It would require a customization of the software if you want two different messages depending on the user.

Ok - thanks! Why some simple things, are soo tough! I wish, we had similar option like downloads i.e. show message based on category and in this case by user group.

1 minute ago, AlexJ said:

Ok - thanks! Why some simple things, are soo tough! I wish, we had similar option like downloads i.e. show message based on category and in this case by user group.

Would recommend posting this in our official Feature Suggestion forum if you would like to see that in a future release.