Use IPS Account Database

H5K

I have an application that I need to unify the logins for. There are two options I can think of:

1. Use an external database and create a login method for IPS. I know IPS supports an external OAuth login but this isn't something that I have done befeore.

2. Use IPS's database for accounts (it's really nicely structured) -- and integrate the login with the application. User logs into application -> API call to IPS to verify correct email + password -> login success/failure.

The problem with option 2 is that I looked through the REST API documentation and I did not find a method to verify a users' login information.

My questions are:

1. Is there a way to authenticate a users IPS login information via the API, and if not, would it be feasible to code something that does this externally?
  2. Is there any documentation or guide on creating an OAuth login method that is compatible with IPS?

Thank you in advance for the help and guidance.

There is a login section on the left of the developer guides here that you may find helpful to you

With regards the question on OAuth login methods that are compatible, we are compatible with Oauth 2.0. We wouldnt have a specific guide for how to create your side of things on that, as OAuth is a standard 

• 4 weeks later...