Start New Topic Not Showing

Tom Green1
Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hi,

I think I must be missing a setting somewhere - I am unable to post any topics as Admin or as a regular user.

https://www.grow420.asia/forum/11-introduce-yourself/

Here are the settings currently in use:

Could contain: TextCould contain: Text, Menu, PageCould contain: TextCould contain: TextCould contain: Text, Menu, PageCould contain: Text

Are there other settings that could be blocking the Start New Topic from showing?

It's there on the Homepage but you can't select any of the discussions.

Many thanks in advance.

Just now, Tom Green1 said:

Hi,

I think I must be missing a setting somewhere - I am unable to post any topics as Admin or as a regular user.

https://www.grow420.asia/forum/11-introduce-yourself/

Here are the settings currently in use:

Could contain: TextCould contain: Text, Menu, PageCould contain: TextCould contain: TextCould contain: Text, Menu, PageCould contain: Text

Are there other settings that could be blocking the Start New Topic from showing?

It's there on the Homepage but you can't select any of the discussions.

Many thanks in advance.

Could it maybe be something to do with starting on the free trial and upgrading before that finished?

8 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Have you looked at your member group permissions to say what each group can do in each forum?  

ACP > Members > Groups.  Click on the Permissions button (the lock icon) for each group.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Page

Thanks Randy, that was the issue.

I wonder what the thinking is behind not setting these up as you would expect them top be, just introduces a pain point for new users...

You could have done it from the forum area as well.  

ACP > Community > Forums > Forums

Click the arrow down icon and choose Permissions.  (Remember...  a container needs permissions too!)

Could contain: Text, Page

When you need to edit a group's permissions on a bunch of forums, the first way I mentioned will save you LOTS of time. 😄

Edited by Randy Calvert