FURLs - Custom Application

Hiya,

Trying to setup a FURL to a front facing module and I can access the module fine when using the real link but when I use a FURL it doesn't work, when rebuilding the cache I get an error about foreach when I try and visit any page on the site. To resolve I have to remove the furl.json from my app and rebuild the cache.

I also attempted to add the FURL using the admin tool to modify friendly URLs and this also breaks with another error.

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug ?

For friendly URLs I was using: 

{
  "topLevel": "servers",
    "list": {
      "friendly": "servers/list",
      "real": "/index.php?app=serversapp&module=servers&controller=servers"
    }
}

I was trying to find more about it but the docs are a bit vague on how to accomplish this imo.

Please help 🙂 

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, this issue is beyond the scope of our technical support. 👩‍💻

Our technical support is happy to help you with the Invision Community platform, but we're unable to help with things like server management, theme questions and modifications.

I've moved this to our Community Support area where other Invision Community owners will see it and help where they can.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thanks for posting!

Unfortunately, this issue is beyond the scope of our technical support. 👩‍💻

Our technical support is happy to help you with the Invision Community platform, but we're unable to help with things like server management, theme questions and modifications.

I've moved this to our Community Support area where other Invision Community owners will see it and help where they can.

No offence Jim, I love you guys but this solution is developed by Invision Power? Surely IPS themselves can help with a query like this especially when the docs you have published do not have the answer ? 

4 minutes ago, JR Network said:

No offence Jim, I love you guys but this solution is developed by Invision Power? Surely IPS themselves can help with a query like this especially when the docs you have published do not have the answer ? 

Sorry, FURLs are for advanced users and outside our scope of support. Additionally, customizations are outside our scope of support.

I've moved this to the correct forum due to that. I am sorry that you disagree. I can point one of our developers to this topic to see if they can confirm this is not a bug but for assistance, this is generally something our community would assist with since it is outside our scope of support.

Okay Jim, it's a shame that IPS doesn't want to help developers with their product.

Eitherway... I've finally worked it out after a while of head scratching.

For people who want to understand this better, I might be slightly off but it's the best simple explanation in my own head.

{
  "topLevel": "servers", <---- this is what will appear after your domain.com for your app
  "pages": { <---- do not change this 
    "servers": { <---- can be anything, probably the same as your friendly 
      "friendly": "servers", <----- what your url will be if its the same as top level it'll be used as the top level
      "real": "app=serversapp&module=servers&controller=servers" <--- what the actual URL is.
    }
  }
}

After you add this to your furl.json in the data folder of your application and uploaded to your server reset the caches in the support area otherwise it seems to have issues.

If I'm wrong with my comments on the code above please correct me so I understand better and if anyone copies and pastes the code I have wrote please remove the comments and arrow I put in the code.