the renewal date is not shown under manage purchases

OptimusBain

Hello,

A few of my clients have already sent me a few emails reporting something that I thought it should be there.

They go to the "manage the purchase" page. They see the product, they click on manage, but they do NOT see the next renewal date. The next date when they will be charged 😞

It's not only one of the members that asked me, there were quite a few.

Two of the clients actually asked me "Why does my purchase show that my renewal expires next ...?" They think that it will expire, they read they is a renewal but they don't know the next date or anything. It's confusing to them, and also to me of course.

Is there a way to display that? I checked ACP and that date isn't available either to the administrator. It's an important there. And as I said before, it's not only me (admin) that is missing it, it's the clients asking about it. 

The screenshot says that there are renewal terms. The logical thing to do is to add the next renewal date.

Not only that. There is no option to CANCEL the subscription.

There are three problems:

1. The next renewal date (charge) is displayed
2. There is no option to CANCEL the renewal/product

The third one was already reported and was escalated to the team, but I am adding it here

3. No possibility to upgrade/downgrade to products in the same category

Thanks a lot

image.thumb.png.e181fbc013753fc99d960e858168d37c.png

Edited by OptimusBain

The first one there, Im not sure what you mean. the 'expires' is the renewal date. So there isn't anything to add there.

There should actually be "Cancel Renewals" showing there. So I Would need an example to look at.

The other of course you already have a ticket in for. It may actually be worth adding the above item to that ticket 

38 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The first one there, Im not sure what you mean. the 'expires' is the renewal date. So there isn't anything to add there.

Well, that's what you assume. But as I said, a few clients (myself included) want to know when is the next payment. You are taking for granted that everyone think or asume that the expiration date is the renewal date. The expiration date is one thing, the renewal date is another thing, even though they are the same. 

If I buy a product I want to read a clear date where I can see all the information about my product, and the next payment date is crucial. 

It seems that the payment module has been put aside and Invision focused on other things that many won't use. But in my humble opinion, the payment/products module is sort of abandoned. There isn't even a possibility to download a PDF for the invoice. You have to load the invoice and print it. And like that, so many things.

Then I ask about the renewal date and you tell me that it's not necessary to display it, but clients are requesting it, they want to know when they will have to pay again, they do not want to assume or guess anything. And as you probably know, the client is always 'right'. They want to read: you will be charged again next $date$. The expiration date displayed now does NOT say that. You are forcing the client's to guess/assume and think like you, and that's not how it should be.

It's me (your client) who WASTES time replying to the same questions about the renewal dates, not you. 

The payment module, manage purchases design is poor. I mean, the buttons are not even buttons, just links. As I said, above, the payment module has been abandoned. The default template is not doing basic things like that. 

Edited by OptimusBain

Renewal date and expiration date are indeed exactly the same thing. What you are looking for here isnt renewal date, but invoice creation date. This would also be the payment date if there is a valid date on file. Is that correct? Sorry for the frustration there, but payment date and renewal date are not the same thing.

If that is indeed what you are referring to, you would need to post this within our suggestions forum as a new suggestion. There is nothing that would display invoice creation date at present, and it would need to be invoice creation date as that isnt actually when it is due. Its due by the expiration date which is shown. Its simply that payment would automatically be taken at invoice creation point as mentioned, if there is a payment method on file

21 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Renewal date and expiration date are indeed exactly the same thing. What you are looking for here isnt renewal date, but invoice creation date. This would also be the payment date if there is a valid date on file. Is that correct? Sorry for the frustration there, but payment date and renewal date are not the same thing.

If that is indeed what you are referring to, you would need to post this within our suggestions forum as a new suggestion. There is nothing that would display invoice creation date at present, and it would need to be invoice creation date as that isnt actually when it is due. Its due by the expiration date which is shown. Its simply that payment would automatically be taken at invoice creation point as mentioned, if there is a payment method on file

I don't know if it's the invoice creation variable or not. What I am trying to say is that my clients are asking me when is the next renewal date where they credit card/paypal will be charged again. And that information is not displayed within the MANAGE PURCHASES module.

You are probably looking at this issue from the technical side (programming), I am referring to a real problem when dealing with real clients reporting this problem.  They do not care about the technical side, they are asking when they are going to be charged again and that information is not clearly being displayed. I will post it as a suggestion. 

I am not looking at this from the technical side here. I am saying the renewal date is the expiry date. The payment date may not be the date of renewal. It will be taken automatically when an invoice is generated. So what you are asking for isnt the same as the renewal date. In any case, its not something that is currently available, so would need to be added as a suggestion. It is however the "Next invoice date" you would be looking to have added.