upgrade from 3.4 to 4.6.9 - ksort(): Argument #1 ($array) mu

Yeah, but I where to get them from? The upgrader list them one by one and I just copy/paste. So if I missed one, I don't have it.

I restore 3.4 backup and give it another go for now. I will see if I get there at the same error or progress further. it's just 4h of waiting. 😶

I just know I was a bit confused, read the query, confused about running it or not, then clicked next. But it was not selected from copy/paste, so I might have missed it. (I do skimmed through it, and it seemed very similar with the one just run, not sure).

So no, I did NOT missed anything. I run the whole 3.4 -> 4.6.9 procedure all over again from a backup and no, I got exactly in the same place, same error.

I definitely need some help. I am surprised on local machine dry-run test all went perfect, twice.

image.png

In exact same place. 10321. App core.

image.thumb.png.e964ef7aaebe600d740f1b2fd0ac841d.png

Edited by dutchsnowden

1 minute ago, dutchsnowden said:

3.4 is not supported? Only 4.x is?

Yes, that is correct. We do not support 3.x oin any way. Including the upgrader for it. While we fully appreciate your position and have been trying to assist here, you need to be aware its unsupported. Only once you are on 4.x would you be supported again. The issue you have is simply that you are trying to upgrade from software released over a decade ago.

As said, I will loop in a colleague to see if its anything we can point you in the right direction of.

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

[...]

As said, I will loop in a colleague to see if its anything we can point you in the right direction of.

Thanks a bunch. I am now 3.4 and I have one instance of older backup working.

I think I might have succeeded upgrading on local machine without any errors. Now the question is, while database is easy to move but to move, the files on empty server, can I install directly the downloaded package? Not moving anything else?

No, I'd like to see if I can do something about those broken UTF8 conversion so they show correctly in google and so forth. Also the old markdown that is broken. If possible, anything can help.

I am not re-converting from 3.1.4 ever even if paid to do so. I don't want this to my worst enemies.

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Its actually more that you are one of the last to upgrade, and so upgrading on newer technologies it was not built for 😄

Is the ticket I put in for you no longer needed? 

It's quite a long story. I know, I should have done it much sooner. Checking the logs, I've seen that in 2014 if I recall correctly there was a file I uploaded called ips4.php where I was probably checking the requirements for upgrade. I saw the old page and it just said IPS 4 on top, much like the new one but much older. And it was old green. But then before I could do the upgrade, hell broke loose and faeces hit the fan with other things in my life, and I simply got no time to spare for it.

Not that I had much more now, but I combined holidays with work.

Morning Monday GIF

So yeah!