4.6.8 Upgrade from earlier version - QUERY

IveLeft...
Go to solution Solved by Marc St,

Ok, we had in the older 4.5 (I think) a system set up where a new member was a NEWBIE and they couldn't post links and various other stuff, We upgraded to 4.6.8 and now 4.6.9 and we were getting a lot more first post spammers with links so the upgrade broke this rule (group promotion)  setting.

Looking at Group promotions - Our promotion is still there but because of the new badges system all areas were blank so a new member joins as a newbie and automatically as there is nothing to say different in group promotions becomes a member with privileges

I have now added a 2 post badge and put this as a group promotion into the system which is now working again

You may want to look at this chaps 

I have not seen any other reports of this happening here. Sorry to see you were having issues. Could you let me know the exact rules you had set up, and I can certainly then try to replicate it. It would however seem likely that its something that has happened on your own instance during upgrade

I dont know as it was 4.5.x 

All I do remember is they were a NEWBIE on joining with restrictions and on making two posts were prompted to MEMBER where they could post links

And on upgrade all members joining go straight to MEMBER

I think I may have an old db backup if thats any good ? 

Edited by Muddy Boots

3 hours ago, Muddy Boots said:

I dont know as it was 4.5.x 

All I do remember is they were a NEWBIE on joining with restrictions and on making two posts were prompted to MEMBER where they could post links

And on upgrade all members joining go straight to MEMBER

I think I may have an old db backup if thats any good ? 

No need really. I will do some testing here and see how I get on with that. If its specific only to your own upgrade, it wouldnt need much doing here. If its not, I should be able to replicate anyway. Thank you anyway

• 1 month later...