Development build in subdomain behaving strangely

----- THE ISSUES

1) On the admin cp when I navigate to Themes, click on the dropdown arrow next to a theme, and select "edit html and css" none of the html template or css files show up. The panel where there is normally a collapsing list of these files is empty. Furthermore, editing the custom.css file and clicking Save produces an error popup that reads "this file can not be saved!". Same thing when attempting to edit the global html file. These 2 files are the only 2 accessible, in that their contents actually do show up where they normally should, although their names do not show up in their respective side panels. I've tried downloading and re-uploading themes from the main build, and creating new themes on the dev build, both to no avail.

2) The second issue is that if I try to add a button to the editor toolbar, it will appear to work until I refresh the page at which point the button will be removed from the editor toolbar and placed back in the unused buttons panel. This behavior applies to both custom buttons and generic buttons. 

----- SUSPECTED PROBLEMS

My development build is on a subdomain. I also use Cloudflare as a CDN. I suspect that either of these things, or a combination of the two, is leading to some files not being accessed or saved in the proper locations. The strange thing regarding the themes is that the single theme I can access through Easy Editor mode allows me to save the custom css file when in EE mode.

Note: This is in no way an urgent problem for me.