Connect Two Invision Communities

I have one community which I want to split into 3 websites (not different communities).  Since each site is going to be a copy of the org site (without certain apps) I need to retain the existing members on all the sites.

Example... 

1.  Forum Site

2.  Blog Site

3.  Pages Site

Since there is existing content which members are attached too, I have to leave the members on each new site.

I would rather have members use one account for all the sites.

1.  If I switch over to the API and have Server / Client how will it work with the existing member data over the three sites?  Will the user login to the site, it'll check the Server site, and then write over the existing member data which is already on the client site (from when the sites were split) or will it create a new profile for the user?

2.  I assume I would have turn off all other login methods on the Clients?  Even in my situation?

3.  How does it work?  Does the client check the server and then create a profile on the client?

The instructions don't really explain what I'm looking to do.

Thanks!

You should define your sever first. E. g. it is 1. Forum. Follow the guide to set up server on forum, then create clients on 2. Blog and 3. Page. Disable all other login methods on the clients and do not allow registering. While configuring clients you will be able to define what should happen to the data that does not exist on the client or differs from the server. You can also set up the login behavior, so that login is not presented on the client if the user logged on the server. As Administrator, you will always see the login form, so you should check it with a user account.

13 hours ago, Sonya* said:

You should define your sever first. E. g. it is 1. Forum. Follow the guide to set up server on forum, then create clients on 2. Blog and 3. Page. Disable all other login methods on the clients and do not allow registering. While configuring clients you will be able to define what should happen to the data that does not exist on the client or differs from the server. You can also set up the login behavior, so that login is not presented on the client if the user logged on the server. As Administrator, you will always see the login form, so you should check it with a user account.

Thanks!