Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language()

Hey all,

recently have been getting a lot of the following error:

Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() (0)
#0 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(93): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseJs()
#1 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(103): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#2 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#3 {main}

This seems to be resolved by restarting php-fpm however am not sure why its happening now all of a sudden. Any ideas?

While I don't have a solution for this, I'll be following this topic since my dispatcher is throwing a similar error.

#0 /var/www/html/105118/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(582): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\core\Application), 'announcements', 'announcements', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /var/www/html/105118/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /var/www/html/105118/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

Edited by Orioni

16 hours ago, nastus said:

Hey all,

recently have been getting a lot of the following error:

Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() (0)
#0 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/system/Dispatcher/Admin.php(93): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseJs()
#1 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(103): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#2 /home/vms/ipb/html/live/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#3 {main}

This seems to be resolved by restarting php-fpm however am not sure why its happening now all of a sudden. Any ideas?

Are you seeing this in your logs, or actually hitting it yourself?

15 hours ago, Orioni said:

While I don't have a solution for this, I'll be following this topic since my dispatcher is throwing a similar error.

#0 /var/www/html/105118/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(582): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\core\Application), 'announcements', 'announcements', Array, NULL, 'horizontal')
#1 /var/www/html/105118/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#2 /var/www/html/105118/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#3 {main}

This is an unrelated error. Unfortunately while you copied the stacktrace, you didn't copy the error itself so it's hard to say what the problem is right now. What is the actual error message?

11 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Are you seeing this in your logs, or actually hitting it yourself?

This is an unrelated error. Unfortunately while you copied the stacktrace, you didn't copy the error itself so it's hard to say what the problem is right now. What is the actual error message?

I am seeing this in the admin panel logs (which can only be accessed after restarting php), as well as a visible error message:

image.png.a93153eaae117c702651d8356d0e7e57.png

What I am not so sure of is why this would come up with no changes made on my end, this is running php 7.2.8 and IPB 4.3.5 (admittedly out of date because the theme I have will break if I update). I need to update my PHP image however some modules have changed from php7.2 to php7.4.

10 hours ago, bfarber said:

Are you using Redis or database for session handling? It sounds like the error comes up once after restarting PHP and then goes away? It almost sounds like something weird is going on with session handling when you first restart PHP.

I havent changed any settings for sessions, so likely database