Pages Feature Image Citation Ideas

UncrownedGuard

Hello,

I was wondering how others handle giving credit to images used in Invision Community as a whole, but mostly in records in the Pages app.  We post a lot of news articles and many are sourced from other news articles to put an article together and citing these sources is easy if needed, but images seem to be a bit more difficult.  Most articles on other software will cite the image credit directly below the image, but there does not seem to be a great way to do this in Invision.  I was wondering how others have overcome this issue.  Do you just drop the credit in the bottom of the article, or have you come up with a better way?

Yes, we do try to use custom and in house images whenever possible, but getting a 1st hand picture of a phone sitting in a Chinese factory floor is not always possible.  So no need for that reply.

credit.thumb.png.a364d608cdeed4229db1fdfff6d4eb43.png

I set up a custom button in the editor for image captions. It applies CSS styling controlled through the custom.css to the caption paragraph. 

1790101873_Bildschirmfoto2020-10-13um14_44_52.thumb.png.ac7555a4ee44639c2bfea0e0e629df98.png

(P.S. I’m not fully understanding the phrase “image citation”. Legally, you always need a license to (re-)publish a copyrighted image and the licensor will decide how and where credits need to be given. Some even require it on the image so it doesn't get separated. Large image providers like Getty (which happens to show in the image above) are happy to sue providers for an unlicensed use—credits or not.)

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

I set up a custom button in the editor for image captions. It applies CSS styling controlled through the custom.css to the caption paragraph. 

1790101873_Bildschirmfoto2020-10-13um14_44_52.thumb.png.ac7555a4ee44639c2bfea0e0e629df98.png

(P.S. I’m not fully understanding the phrase “image citation”. Legally, you always need a license to (re-)publish a copyrighted image and the licensor will decide how and where credits need to be given. Some even require it on the image so it doesn't get separated. Large image providers like Getty (which happens to show in the image above) are happy to sue providers for an unlicensed use—credits or not.)

Yes, "image citation" was just the generic way for me to list all the different ways to provide the license information for stock image sources and licensed images, the credit for public domain images, internal staff copyrights, etc.  It looks like this site even uses a custom css solution in their staff blogs and such.