How to use the Links Directory?

Admin 1
Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

Are their any guides or tutorials on use of the Links Directory?  I'm fairly new to the IPS system so everything is a mystery to me.  I'm not sure how to:

1) Add the Links Directory to my site

2) Add links to the page

As an alternative to the links directory, I'm wondering if there is a "news" plugin of some kind that I could use to link to news stories relevant to my site's subject (college sports recruiting).  And if there was such a plugin, I probably wouldn't know how to install it or place it on the site, lol.  

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

- Pat

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Admin 1 said:

Are their any guides or tutorials on use of the Links Directory?  I'm fairly new to the IPS system so everything is a mystery to me. 

If you're talking about this resource, it's just like create a topic. Create a category, give permission for those can create the link (record) and then click to create a new link. Give a title, the URL and the content and hit save. You're done. The app will add a screen capture of the site as the image record.

Thanks for the guidance Adriano! That is the resource I have.  I finally figured out the problem was: I hadn't added links to the menu manager so the page was essentially hidden (I'm REALLY new to all this).

Two follow up questions... now that I have a links page, how to I add sub-menus.  Like, I want one for resources, and one for news stories.  And lastly, if I want to manage the links myself as admin and now allow users to add links, where do I adjust those permissions?