How to use the Links Directory?

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

Are their any guides or tutorials on use of the Links Directory?  I'm fairly new to the IPS system so everything is a mystery to me.  I'm not sure how to:

1) Add the Links Directory to my site

2) Add links to the page

As an alternative to the links directory, I'm wondering if there is a "news" plugin of some kind that I could use to link to news stories relevant to my site's subject (college sports recruiting).  And if there was such a plugin, I probably wouldn't know how to install it or place it on the site, lol.  

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

- Pat

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Admin 1 said:

Are their any guides or tutorials on use of the Links Directory?  I'm fairly new to the IPS system so everything is a mystery to me. 

If you're talking about this resource, it's just like create a topic. Create a category, give permission for those can create the link (record) and then click to create a new link. Give a title, the URL and the content and hit save. You're done. The app will add a screen capture of the site as the image record.

Thanks for the guidance Adriano! That is the resource I have.  I finally figured out the problem was: I hadn't added links to the menu manager so the page was essentially hidden (I'm REALLY new to all this).

Two follow up questions... now that I have a links page, how to I add sub-menus.  Like, I want one for resources, and one for news stories.  And lastly, if I want to manage the links myself as admin and now allow users to add links, where do I adjust those permissions?