Attachment Allowances

So, I just converted over to IPB from MyBB with over 7000 members.  On MyBB I had a plugin that offered members to upload an attachment to a post or PM using ImgBB photo hosting so the attachment never hit their allowed allowance.  IPB doesn't seem to have this so I need to figure out how much allowance to give members so they can freely upload but I don't want to kill my server either!  I do have several paid member levels that offer more upload space and PM storage as perks so I need to make the allowances higher in increments for the user levels.

What are some of you guys using for attachment allowances?

Also, I did find this plugin from imgBB that says it works with IPB but where would I drop the script at?  https://imgbb.com/plugin

Edited by RocketStang

This is a setting at the group level. @RocketStang

Edit your groups > Content:

And I'm not sure if imgBB would work. IPB is what the software was called a long time ago (in the 3.x and previous days). You can try just dropping it into your header and trying? But I can't guarantee results as the software has been called IPS (Invision Power Suite) for well over 5 years.

Edited by Morrigan

13 hours ago, Morrigan said:

This is a setting at the group level. @RocketStang

Edit your groups > Content:

21.27 kB · 0 downloads

And I'm not sure if imgBB would work. IPB is what the software was called a long time ago (in the 3.x and previous days). You can try just dropping it into your header and trying? But I can't guarantee results as the software has been called IPS (Invision Power Suite) for well over 5 years.

I know the setting, just curious as to what some of you guys are running for settings? 

13 hours ago, Morrigan said:

as the software has been called IPS (Invision Power Suite) for well over 5 years

I thought it was Invision Community (by Invision Power Services) for quite some time now?

14 hours ago, RocketStang said:

What are some of you guys using for attachment allowances?

Regarding images, I just limit the max. allowed dimensions. I don't want 4K images to be uploaded to regular forum posts, but that's it. If you set a certain limit in MB per user, you are going to risk that, once a user has reached that limit, participation drops since he cannot upload anything (despite plain text) anymore.