Utilising the Calendar more effectively

I'm really interested in anyone thoughts on how to use the current Calendar application in better ways so it becomes more fluid and dynamic. From a gaming perspective, meet ups and Looking For Groups (LFGs) are huge and i'm seeing people struggle with checking out the events I put up via the Calendar because it is gives a very robotic and slow feeling when it comes to things like the latest apps and integrations you can get with things such as Discord.

I know there will be products that will do events better in different ways so i'm trying to find the angle that I can promote why we should use IPS Calendar events rather than splinter the community on a 3rd party app.

Things that may help this i'm thinking (off the top of my head) are:

• A simple way for events to auto sync with their Google/Microsoft Calendars on their phones.
  • A better way of displaying who Going via widgets and blocks
  • How many slots are left to fill before the activity can take place
  • A slick waitlist so if someone can't now turn up, the next in line can replace that person

I already have plugins from great people here that you can amend who can go/not go and that i can create a forum post automatically when an event is created (because when people use us via the Tapatalk app all they see is the forum and not the other stuff like the Calendar).

I'm sure theres more but the point i'm trying to say is I want to persevere with IPS but clearly its becoming harder with other available events applications out there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by GazzaGarratt
spelling

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

A simple way for events to auto sync with their Google/Microsoft Calendars on their phones.

This is already possible - you can subscribe to the iCal feed from the calendar from any other calendar (such as Google/Microsoft) and it will auto sync.

7 minutes ago, bfarber said:

This is already possible - you can subscribe to the iCal feed from the calendar from any other calendar (such as Google/Microsoft) and it will auto sync.

I've heard this but not sure how to do it or explain to people how to do this in a simple way. I must be missing something pretty obvious? Apologies in advance if so.