Automatic follow of forum

Giray

Is there a way to automatically assign a 'follow' of a forum to a new registrant? I would love to automatically give a follow of certain forums to new members. This is especially important in Clubs. When someone signs up for one of my clubs, I would love it if they would automatically 'follow' the discussions.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Giray said:

Is there a way to automatically assign a 'follow' of a forum to a new registrant? I would love to automatically give a follow of certain forums to new members. This is especially important in Clubs. When someone signs up for one of my clubs, I would love it if they would automatically 'follow' the discussions.

Thoughts?

Using a 3rd-party resource, yes:

5 minutes ago, Giray said:

One quick question about clubs. Is it all members that join the forum that follow all read-only and public clubs or do they follow read-only clubs only once they join that specific club?

New members will follow all clubs you select:

Capturar.PNG.936e90897b0e53ff13e970997ce

Note that in the image above new members will follow only the MY CLUB, which is a READ ONLY Club.

If you have 20 public and 30 read only clubs, all of them will show as an option. You should the ones you want.

Hi Adriano,

No worries, but it works differently than what I had hoped for. Indeed, I as the admin check off the clubs that I want people to follow automatically. What I was hoping for was that a member only follows a club when he becomes a member of 'that' club. My current problem is that people are joining a club, and then not engaging. The best way to get them to engage is to get them to follow the content of the club that 'they' have joined.

Oh well. I still like the app. I'll use it to get people to follow other things, but the club aspect was the most important.