Community Idea - Plausability?

Escable

Hi all,

First of all, I just wanted to say how much I love Invision Community software.  This thing has grown up a lot in the last 16 years! 

Second, I have been building out my community since January and think I have settled on a theme.  It'll be a general community with the ability to purchase physical and online products. Namely..  computer components / computers / electronics / gadgets / etc. 

What is the plausibility of using Invision for this type of endeavor?  I'm sure there are storefronts out there like sho*ify or other e-commerce competitors, but I don't like them!

I like the community aspect of selling a product, connecting with the customer, and providing a community for them for after they buy a product.  Those other online e-commerce places do not offer that.

That being said, has this been done before and/or do you think it's possible to do with the software suite?  (Think about "online computer store"  or "electronics store" running Invision?)

I appreciate everyone's opinions, hoping that people may have ideas as well on how to present it on a site.

Archived