Login: "Something went wrong, please try again"

Hey all,

I ran across this error just recently. Logins aren't working, no matter which account. Not sure why, but we do use the API to add or remove subs based on our payment system updates.

At any rate, I can't log in to the board as myself, or admin. The board is still functional for viewing, as long as you don't try to log in.

The databases core_members looks intact, but it's been a while since I've had to get my hands dirty troubleshooting IPS. The only log I know of is the apache2 log for the IPS web service, and it's spewing a bunch of strange errors (/var/www/forumpost.php not found...which doesn't even appear to be a part of this IPS distro, as it's not found anywhere else).

Can someone suggest a good couple initial steps for troubleshooting? Is there a way to force an admin login? Are there more important configs thn conf_global.php?

Thanks.

Thanks, Adlago.

The only errors I see are 404 errors for some PNGs.

I'll try creating a user through the API... we don't allow users to create from the UI.

It seems to have remembered me since when I bring up the page, I'm logged in. However, if I try to go to the Admin CP I get a login, which then gives me the Something went wrong alert. 

I'm having what sounds like the exact same problem with my test install.  Looking at the error logs ips is attempting to go to a url that doesn't exist.  My feeling is that this will be fixed when I change the url in config_global.php and cut the DNS over to the new host.  Is that how you were able to finally login?  I cant login to the test site at all but I can login to the admin CP.

Archived