(Idea) Only Show Certain Emojis/Categories

zyx

I use Twitter style emojis as our community decided they look far more appealing than native.

However, opening the emoji box can take quite a long time (relatively) as there are a lot of images to load. As every single emoji loads all at once when the button is pressed.

The thing is, we use probably 20 of those emojis tops on a regular basis.

Now, we want to support all emojis of course, but when that smiley tab is first clicked, I'd love to be able to customise which emojis show, or at the very least load one category at a time (e.g. smileys and people, with the option to then load a different category if clicked on). This would surely reduce the load and lag time of getting all the emojis at once.

What confuses me, is the IPS community forum we're on right now seems to have already reduced the number of available emojis.

For example, I see 9 flags.

Yet on my site, we have 256 flags!

If there isn't already, I would love to be able to customise which emojis initially show, or at least exclude certain categories / be able to remove certain emojis. 

I realise this is a minor issue, but it has been brought up several times how long it takes the emoji box to load, and then how unnecessary the vast majority of the emojis are. It would actually really boost our forum to have more control over this.

Thanks for your consideration. 

2 hours ago, theipsguy said:

What confuses me, is the IPS community forum we're on right now seems to have already reduced the number of available emojis.

Please submit a ticket with your OS and browsing device details if you see a reduced number of emoji on the InvisionCommunity.com forums from the editor.  You should see all emojis.  

Archived