Emails Failing to Send

Tao Hu

Hi,

First of all, I use self-hosted plan, and has upgraded the forum to v4.4.5.

In my ACP, I got a 'Emails Failing to Send' message, which give the following error info:

image.thumb.png.8903bf3db81a93869791f09f75100888.png

First I checked the 'failedMailCount.1607bf77de.php' file on my server, I got no such file or directory info. Then I used support feature to clear the cache, the notification is still here. So I tried to click the resend button, I got 'A configuration or server error has occurred' error which also show the 'filesize(): stat failed for ..' just like the notification error.

After this, I entered the 'Email Settings' page,  the outgoing and incoming email address is OK, the mail delivery method just use the default option 'PHP'.  I tried the 'test settings' function, also no lucky, 'IPS\Email\Outgoing\Exception: email_test_mailfunction_disabled (0)'  displayed on the top.

I have searched the forum, but did not helpful info to resolve this issue, so I create this topic.

Any suggestion will me great appreciated. 

Just search the forum with error  ' email_test_mailfunction_disabled ', and I find the tips from bfarber 

This tip is very helpful. I just test my mail function with the following code:

<?php 
    ini_set( 'display_errors', 1 );
    error_reporting( E_ALL );
    $from = "emailtest@YOURDOMAIN";
    $to = "YOUREMAILADDRESS";
    $subject = "PHP Mail Test script";
    $message = "This is a test to check the PHP Mail functionality";
    $headers = "From:" . $from;
    mail($to,$subject,$message, $headers);
    echo "Test email sent";
?>

Replace $from and $to with your email,  and save it to a file such as 'test_email.php' in a temp folder in your server, then run 'php test_email.php'. With the test, I find that I did not install sendmail in my server. After I installing sendmail, everything is OK!

Just newbie to php world for using ISP suite.  Sorry to bother your guys without more deep investigation.

Archived