Delete Old Topics by Page

JohnCourt

Good day folks, I would like to delete an entire range of pages within a topic. We have non forum related content such as a "Free For All" that gets rather long and takes up server space, which is at a premium for us right. So in order to free up server space, I am deleting the huge ongoing topics, but only the pages in between the first and last, in order to leave some context to the topic started.

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about;

Capture.JPG.dc300b495e13668554469842e026c159.JPG

Those pages are for one ongoing topic, it's just a fun topic our members have started and we need to prune it down to just the first and last page, so I want to keep page 1 and page 224, and delete all pages in between.

I can go to each page of topics, and check the box for select all, and delete them that way, but that will take a long time to delete each topic page one at a time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Interested in a solution for this as well, my forum is about 15 years old and I need to prune tens of thousands of posts/topics due to the database size and my new host not allowing more than 250,000 rows. It's currently about 813,000 rows. I want to get it down to about 100,000.

On 12/31/2018 at 1:38 AM, JohnCourt said:

Good day folks, I would like to delete an entire range of pages within a topic. We have non forum related content such as a "Free For All" that gets rather long and takes up server space, which is at a premium for us right. So in order to free up server space, I am deleting the huge ongoing topics, but only the pages in between the first and last, in order to leave some context to the topic started.

Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about;

Capture.JPG.dc300b495e13668554469842e026c159.JPG

Those pages are for one ongoing topic, it's just a fun topic our members have started and we need to prune it down to just the first and last page, so I want to keep page 1 and page 224, and delete all pages in between.

I can go to each page of topics, and check the box for select all, and delete them that way, but that will take a long time to delete each topic page one at a time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

We have a similar type of thread in our off topic area. We lock it off every 1 January and start a new one based on the year e.g. Rant Thread 2018, Rant Thread 2019....

If you really want to transfer the first and last pages to a new thread, split them off into a new thread then delete the existing one.

Archived