Theme Resources - SVG Files not saving properly

Max Lloyd

I have been looking around for a solution to this but I just can't find it.

Note:

- I am on 4.3.6, no error logs for this or anything mentioned in system logs.  System Check is good.

- I am self hosted.

- I have no applications.

- The theme I am referencing to is an unmodified theme (Default).

- Images sync / upload fine.

Steps:

1) I go into designer mode

2) I upload a webfont or svg in the applicable /themes/#/ directory on FTP.  As a side note: Strangely the current missing svgs will be visible in the theme FTP folder.

3) I sync the theme (or all themes) by simply leaving designer mode and selecting such

4) I go into the said theme > manage resources and notice issues (see below)

Issues:

- All of the svg files return as broken links with no filenames (see attached).  If I uploaded the svg into a folder, the folder shows up correctly in the template tag but the actual link is still /uploads/(nothing)

- The actual url of the said svg items are just /uploads (no file / extension listed).

- If I upload through manage resources, the svg or web font will remain for a few hours but eventually turn into a broken link

-----

Has anyone ever experienced this? Are there are any configurations that I need to perform to make svgs / webfonts stay/save within the theme resources? 

I will be grateful for any response from the community!

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 12.59.06 PM.png

55 minutes ago, Max Lloyd said:

I have been looking around for a solution to this but I just can't find it.

Note:

- I am on 4.3.6, no error logs for this or anything mentioned in system logs.  System Check is good.

- I am self hosted.

- I have no applications.

- The theme I am referencing to is an unmodified theme (Default).

- Images sync / upload fine.

Steps:

1) I go into designer mode

2) I upload a webfont or svg in the applicable /themes/#/ directory on FTP.  As a side note: Strangely the current missing svgs will be visible in the theme FTP folder.

3) I sync the theme (or all themes) by simply leaving designer mode and selecting such

4) I go into the said theme > manage resources and notice issues (see below)

Issues:

- All of the svg files return as broken links with no filenames (see attached).  If I uploaded the svg into a folder, the folder shows up correctly in the template tag but the actual link is still /uploads/(nothing)

- The actual url of the said svg items are just /uploads (no file / extension listed).

- If I upload through manage resources, the svg or web font will remain for a few hours but eventually turn into a broken link

-----

Has anyone ever experienced this? Are there are any configurations that I need to perform to make svgs / webfonts stay/save within the theme resources? 

I will be grateful for any response from the community!

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 12.59.06 PM.png

This could be because at currently 4.3.x don't support svg files "please don't fully quote me" but because don't support it believes the file type be unknown source as don't have svg file i am unable provide better details but if happy to send me PM with direct link .svg and see how can solve the issue for you.

Thanks for the response!

Strangely, I can see the default SVG files in the Admincp default theme (which is the exact same theme as the front) but the Frontend default theme has the broken links.  There must be some support since these svg files came with the Invision install.

Please see the attached screenshots ('Check Files' theme is the admin only theme) - You can see the ar.svg file correctly linked / displayed.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.56.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 7.56.08 PM.png

Just letting everyone know that I have resolved this problem.  The issue was a lack of understanding regarding the Invision theme resource behavior which resulted in human error - I was using static font face links in a fontawesome css file.

To clarify, since the svg / ttf files were being moved around in and out of set_resources_##, the fontface links would keep breaking.  To properly link the fontface src, I would need to use theme syntax {resource="webfonts/fa-brands-400.eot" app="core" location="global"} since the static file location was never reliable.

Thanks again for everyone's help on this.

Archived