Calendar Enhancements

I spoke too soon and my colleague noticed the same issue when changing page of attendees under the remove attendee option:

image.png.9e5923c298818923d6dd18447979d065.png

after 10 attendees, it paginates them and clicking any of the options to move to page 2 brings up the same error. Any tips or does it require another update?

Edited by lazzarus
  • 2 months later...
On 12/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, Adriano Faria said:

The problem is that it's simply missing all templates from this app in your install. They're simply vanished somehow!

a0OP6aU.png

Its group should be between quizzes and slidemaker.

I just recreated the one that goes in Calendar index and it works fine now:

KguvSSR.png

I'll have to recreate all the others. I'll reply when it's ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: All done!

I'm having this same error. May I message you a temporary Admin account?

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

See the content of the system error in the Support area of the ACP.

Error: Call to a member function format() on null in /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:213
Stack trace:
#0 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_rsvpevents_front_widget->eventCountdown(Object(IPS\calendar\Event))
#1 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(974): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('eventCountdown', Array)
#2 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_calendar_front_widgets->upcomingEvents(Array, Object(IPS\calendar\Date), 'vertical')
#3 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(234): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('upcomingEvents', Array)
#4 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/applications/calendar/widgets/upcomingEvents.php(161): IPS\_Widget->output(Array, Object(IPS\calendar\Date))
#5 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(833): IPS\calendar\widgets\_upcomingEvents->render()
#6 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(889): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#7 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(17472): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#9 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(14968): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#10 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar('right')
#11 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(6649): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#12 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('d394fae875fcd3d...', '\n\n<div class='i...', Array)
#13 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#14 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#15 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(640): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#16 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#17 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}

#0 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(974): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('eventCountdown', Array)
#2 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_calendar_front_widgets->upcomingEvents(Array, Object(IPS\calendar\Date), 'vertical')
#3 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(234): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('upcomingEvents', Array)
#4 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/applications/calendar/widgets/upcomingEvents.php(161): IPS\_Widget->output(Array, Object(IPS\calendar\Date))
#5 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(833): IPS\calendar\widgets\_upcomingEvents->render()
#6 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Widget/Widget.php(889): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#7 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(17472): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer('sidebar', 'vertical')
#9 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(14968): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#10 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->sidebar('right')
#11 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(6649): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('sidebar', Array)
#12 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('d394fae875fcd3d...', '\n\n<div class='i...', Array)
#13 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(172): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#14 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#15 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(640): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#16 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(154): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#17 /home/amazkgxv/cincyriders.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#18 {main}

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

See the content of the system error in the Support area of the ACP.

Do you use any kind of cache? Are you cloudflare or something like that? If it’s still missing template, it may be a cache issue. 

I do use cloudflare.

Capture.PNG.ce4da0f47801017da9bba630dfc1c0b5.PNG

Edited by haqzore
9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The templates aren’t there! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Disable the app and send a message with an ACP account. I’ll tKe a look today later, if I manage to, or only Sunday morning. I won’t be available tomorrow. 

Forgive me for wasting your time. I forgot to re-enable the app before that screenshot.

Sorry about that.

Capture.PNG.3bd4a94e0c18b243eea80b84a8688bee.PNG

Edited by haqzore

I replied you message but will say here too. Your UPCOMING EVENTS widget is showing past events, which doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be there. Even disabling my app the event is there. The error happens because it is a past event. You should submit a ticket to IPS to see what's going on there.

The event started and finished in March. It shouldn't be there.

xhtC87t.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Our event reminder emails are being sent out at 5:55 pm on the day of the event, which is usually after the event has occurred.  How can we make the email task run earlier in the day, maybe 1 am?  We are still on IPS 4.4.10, but hope to upgrade to 4.6 soon.

Edited by DolSch
8 minutes ago, DolSch said:

Our event reminder emails are being sent out at 5:55 pm on the day of the event, which is usually after the event has occurred.  How can we make the email task run earlier in the day, maybe 1 am?  We are still on IPS 4.4.10, but hope to upgrade to 4.6 soon.

Emails are controlled by the core, not by this app. They are put in a queue and then it will delivering.

@DolSch I asked the very same question, its a limitation that daily tasks cannot be set to run at a particular time.

This is what I did to work around it.  From AdminCP, search for Tasks and open [System] Tasks.  Now find the Calendar Enhancements task and run it by pressing that play icon at 1am.  Yes, you will have to wait up late one night 😉

image.thumb.png.8fe9cd65f3ae76f5627687ac22d50b2a.png

Edited by Richard Arch
Added screenshot
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran the task at 5 am; it runs at that new time every day. However, today it sent out reminder emails for only the first event today, which is being held at 12:15 pm.  The task did not send reminders for my event that will be held at 7:45 pm tonight.  What can I do to make sure that reminders are sent for all the events that will be held on the same day?

34 minutes ago, DolSch said:

What can I do to make sure that reminders are sent for all the events that will be held on the same day?

As I already told you, I have absolutely no control over tasks. I can’t, programmatically, say: “hey, run at 6am. thank you.”.

That’s not an option as it was in IP.Board 3.X.

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

As I already told you, I have absolutely no control over tasks. I can’t, programmatically, say: “hey, run at 6am. thank you.”.

That’s not an option as it was in IP.Board 3.X.

I have the task running at my desired time.  Should the task send reminders for all events that are scheduled for the same day that the task runs?  Or does the task send reminders for just 1 event per day?

The task runs once per day, having or not having events. If it has, will search for people who wants to be notified and then send the notification.

That’s how it works. I choose it when it will run: one hour, one minute, etc. I can’t choose the EXACT hour to run, like 6am. If I chose to run it once per hour, then what? Your members will receive 12 notifications per day!

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

The task runs once per day, having or not events. That’s how it works. I choose it when it runs. If I chose to run it once ler hour, then what? Your members will receive 12 notifications per day!

Yes, I want task to run only once per day.  However, reminders were sent out today for only the first event of the day.  The members who registered for our evening event did not receive reminders.  What could cause the task to skip the evening event?