Calendar Enhancements

I found that the issue involved the time zone.  The event on the evening of 10/27 DST actually had a date of 10/28 GMT.

Would it be possible for you to add a feature that sends the reminder 2 or 3 days prior to the event date?

Edited by DolSch
  • 5 months later...

Hello Adriano,

My problem is the notification of an event happing is sent the day after the event. It looks like a time zone calculation issue. The latest example this happened to was this morning. I've attached screen shots of the event, the task log and my email. I have no problem with when the task fires (at 3am) as we don't start events before 6am local time, just with the fact it notified me of an event from the previous day. We are in American/Chicago TZ so the calendar event was scheduled correctly.

Regards,

Mark

Could contain: Electronics

Could contain: Text, Page

Edited by Houston Miata Club
On 4/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, Houston Miata Club said:

Hello Adriano,

My problem is the notification of an event happing is sent the day after the event. It looks like a time zone calculation issue. The latest example this happened to was this morning. I've attached screen shots of the event, the task log and my email. I have no problem with when the task fires (at 3am) as we don't start events before 6am local time, just with the fact it notified me of an event from the previous day. We are in American/Chicago TZ so the calendar event was scheduled correctly.

Regards,

Mark

Could contain: Electronics

Yes, that is the issue that I described in October.

• 1 month later...

The "title" of venue is a language bit; it's not store in the venues table. That's how the field is created:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Node( 'rsvp_venues', NULL, TRUE, array( 'class' => 'IPS\calendar\Venue' ) ) );

Sorry, I won't add queries just to sort it them create the field because of another resource.

I never used this other resource but it obviously should add the venues in the venues table so it's a question of drag and drop and set your order in the ACP.

I understand and thank you for your answer and help.

I wish it was done like this. Manual sorting and sorting by Admin doesn't make sense if users themselves can add and create venues.

@Marc Stridgen, @Daniel F

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/447039-calendar-enhancements/page/9/#comment-2895218

Please see this case. Is there any way to sort venues?

It is enough if they are sorted alphabetically.

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You can order them within the admin CP to whatever order you choose, using drag/drop

Yes, I know that as an Admin I can arrange the order myself.
However, if users can add places / venues themselves, I would have to check the list several times every day and set it up from the beginning.
It is impossible.
I thought that maybe it is enough to change the options for displaying the list on the page, e.g. in alphabetical order. This solves the problem with manually arranging and sorting the list.

• 1 month later...

If you will add feature for allowing members to sell attendance tickets for income, user can purchase with account credit or payment gateways and then receive QR code for validation that he made purchase would be brilliant and im sure like me many people will purchase it after that even u can increase price for module because will be so nice

• 1 month later...

Thanks for making this.  Is it in the works to possibly allow the ability to Add RSVP Guests that are non-members?

Scenario on how I wanted to leverage this.

Wedding Guest List where they are limited to so many people.  It would be nice if you could add a person and address with expected number of RSVP and once they send the RSVP back with the accurate number of RSVP edit it on the calendar so always have an accurate number of guests.

Is that realistic with this app?  Figured I'd ask since you never know unless you ask.  Doesn't appear nothing out there exists like that for Invision Community but would be nice.  So many Events that could leverage a calendar system that you could add non-members.

The way it works now is all 500-1000 people would have to register on the site for them to RSVP and its not realistic especially since many of the guests are elderly and not sure they even have a computer or smart phone.

Thanks for your time....